Fabricio Werdum ended rising heavyweight Marcin Tybura's win streak with a dominant unanimous decision win in the main event of UFC Sydney on Saturday. Werdum, who accepted the fight on short-notice, used crisp Muay Thai striking to earn the win and didn't have to rely on his world-class Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Werdum (22-7-1) said in his post-fight interview that he's hoping to get a title shot next. The former UFC heavyweight champion has won back-to-back fights as he also defeated Walt Harris last month at UFC 216. The loss snaps a three-fight win streak for Tybura (16-3).
Full results from the event can be found below:
- Fabricio Werdum def. Marcin Tybura via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 49-46)
- Jessica Rose-Clark def. Bec Rawlings via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Belal Muhammad def. Tim Means via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Jake Matthews def. Bojan Velickovic via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Elias Theodorou def. Dan Kelly via unanimous decision (30-28, 30-27, 30-26)
- Alexander Volkanovski def. Shane Young via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26 x2)
- Ryan Benoit def. Ashkan Mokhtarian via KO at 2:38 of Round 3
- Nik Lentz def. Will Brooks via submission (guillotine) at 2:05 of Round 2
- Tai Tuivasa def. Rashad Coulter via KO at 4:35 of Round 1
- Frank Camacho def. Damien Brown via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Nadia Kassem def. Alex Chambers via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27 x2)
- Eric Shelton def. Jenel Lausa via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-25)
- Adam Wieczorek def. Anthony Hamilton via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)