Thanks to Wrestling Inc. reader Gavin Horne for sending in this report for tonight's WWE live event in Nottingham:
The doors opened at 6pm but the show didn't actually start until approx 7.30pm. Before that, they were showing several top 10 lists as well as a trailer for the new Seth Rollins movie with Wesley Snipes called Armed Response. They also showed highlights for the Triple Threat main event of Survivor Series 2009 between HHH, Shawn Michaels and John Cena after an audience poll chose that particular match. By the time the show started, it was relatively full with just a few sections at the very top of each side that looked to have been covered over with tarps.
* Bobby Roode defeated Dolph Ziggler with Ziggler being carried to the back by the referee. Before the match started too, Ziggler said that his music was so damn good we should listen to it again, and it played for another minute from the beginning before Roode pulled him into the ring over the top rope.
* WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champions The Usos defeated Breezango, The Hype Bros and Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable. At one point Zack Ryder hit Fandango with a sunsent flip but Fandango teetered for 30-40 seconds before swinging his hips at the crowd for a nice pop. Mojo Rawley was quite entertaining and was bouncing all over the ring whenever he was in it. At one point, nobody would let Shelton tag out because Rawley was in and he was too hyper. During the intros too, Rawley backed the announcer in to a corner and was trying to make him dance.
* Baron Corbin retained the US Championship against Sin Cara. Sin Cara was popular with the crowd and got a lot of "lucha lucha" chants and stayed for several minutes after the match to greet fans ringside and in the aisle.
* There was a 6 man tag team match where Mike Kanellis teamed with the Bludgeon Brothers against Tye Dyllinger and the Ascension. Pretty much everyone got cheered when in the ring except for Kanellis, who was constantly booed. At one point Tye Dyllinger grabbed Mike's ring jacket and appeared to blow his nose on the picture of Maria on the back whilst Mike was held back by the ref.
* Aiden English introduced Rusev in his usual style and Rusev squared off against Randy Orton. There was a huge reaction for Orton and he ended up getting the win after an RKO. After the match, Orton stayed around for a minute and after looking a little impatient he grabbed the mic and announced that someone was supposed to have introduced him to a kid by the name of Harrison as he had a shirt to give him. He asked the crowd where the boy was and eventually found him.
* After a brief intermission the announcer introduced a 4 on 3 women's match where Becky Lynch, Charlotte and Naomi squared off against Natalya, Lana, Tamina and Carmella. Lynch, Charlotte and Naomi picked up the win.
Whilst the three were celebrating, James Ellsworth came down to the ring wearing an arm brace saying that he had been beaten up pretty bad by the women on Tuesday and so he wanted to apologize to them, but Natalya cut him off and asked the crowd what they thought. When the crowd booed, she hit him with a clothesline. Lana then hit him with a stone cold stunner, Charlotte with a chokeslam, Becky Lynch hit a peoples elbow, Naomi hit him with a Booker T Scissor Kick and then did a Spinarooni and Tamina hit him finally with a Superfly Splash. As the women left the ring, Carmella came back in and waited for him to stand up before hitting him with a superkick.
* Finally in the Main Event, there was a triple threat match for the WWE Championship. AJ Styles defended against Shinsuke Nakamura and Jinder Mahal. Mahal was introduced by the Singh brothers and they were at ringside throughout the match and even took a double beating at the hands of Nakamura and Styles. At one point, there was a number of false finishes via Schoolboy pins by each man as Styles would pin Mahal, only to be pinned by Nakamura, only to be pinned by Mahal etc. I think i counted 7 pins before they moved on with the match. Styles ended up picking up the win after hitting Mahal with a Phenomenal forearm for the pin. After the match, Styles hit the styles clash on one singh brother and Nakamura hit the other with the Kinshasa. Afterwards the celebrated together and Nakamura handed Styles the belt and shook his hand before raising it.
Altogether it was a good card, though the 6 man tag team seemed to have been thrown together and the partnerships didn't seem to make much sense. There were a lot of funny little moments like the women doing the legend's finishers