- Above, Togi Makabe hyped Wrestle Kingdom 12 on January 4 via NJPW's English YouTube channel. Just click the "CC" on the video for English subtitles. Here's what the card looks like so far.
- The World Tag League continues on as teams contend for a future IWGP Tag Team Championship match. The tournament will run until December 11 with the winners of Block A and B facing off. Here's what the current standings look like:
* Juice Robinson and Sami Callihan 6
* Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi 6
* Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI 6
* EVIL and SANADA 6
* Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka 6
* Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima 4
* Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens 4
* Manabu Nakanishi and Yuji Nagata 2
* Beretta and Chuckie T. 8
* Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa 8
* Davey Boy Smith, Jr. and Lance Archer 6
* Hanson and Raymond Rowe 6
* Jeff Cobb and Michael Elgin 6
* Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano 6
* David Finlay and Katsuya Kitamura 0
* Henare and Togi Makabe 0
- In an interview via Yahoo! Japan, Kenny Omega said Wrestle Kingdom 12 is a "double main event" show with Kazuchika Okada defending the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Tetsuya Naito and Omega defending the IWGP U.S. Championship against Chris Jericho. Omega continued that because he lost to Naito in this year's G1 Finals, Naito's match should go on last, even though his match against Jericho will have more impact. He also said the U.S. Title is number two in the company.
Naito wasn't a fan of Omega using the "double main event" term, saying it doesn't mean anything and rather Omega just say he wants to be the main event. Naito also said if the U.S. title is number two, Omega's match can be the "double semi-main event" along with Hiroshi Tanahashi who will defend the IWGP Intercontinental Champions against Jay White. You can see more of their comments below, translated by Chris Charlton (@reasonjp).
'But whose match will have the most impact? Without a doubt it's mine. It would be my match if it was last, second to last or first. Even if it was the dark match it would have most attention worldwide. So this is a double main event'— chris charlton (@reasonjp) November 11, 2017
'When I had the IC title, it was the number two belt. But that's not the case anymore. This (US) belt is number two now.'— chris charlton (@reasonjp) November 11, 2017
'Some may say that's because of Jericho, but that's not the case. Can you really think of any other champion in the world he'd want to challenge?— chris charlton (@reasonjp) November 11, 2017
I'm happy (about the match) it's not just a plus to me or to him but to NJPW. And only I can make it possible.'
Naito responds to @KennyOmegamanX calling #njwk12 a double main event. 'One, I've been through this. I've been called 'double main event one'. It doesn't mean anything. It's the semi main event.' https://t.co/wamY2P3bjG— chris charlton (@reasonjp) December 2, 2017
'Two, if you truly respect that you lost to me, then you don't need to pull this 'double main event stuff'. If anything, cut the crap and say 'let me be the main event'. Say what you mean.'— chris charlton (@reasonjp) December 2, 2017
'Third, you're saying the US belt is now number two, not the IC belt. So you and Jericho and Jay White and Tanahashi should be the 'double semi main event' then, surely?— chris charlton (@reasonjp) December 2, 2017
Maybe the US title match is getting more focus abroad. But who will eyes be on at the Tokyo Dome?' #njwk12