Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com Live Viewing Party for WWE NXT. Let others know about our coverage by giving this page a quick retweet or share on social media. Click the refresh button on your browser every few minutes to keep up with the live results. Let us know your thoughts on the show by sharing them below in the comments section.
We return to Full Sail Arena for tonight's episode, which features the Championship Celebration with newly crowned NXT Champion, Andrade "Cien" Almas. We'll also see a "no holds barred" match between Ruby Riott and Sonya Deville, who were recently called up to the main roster in separate factions.
- We open the show with Mr. Regal announcing a new tournament to determine the next next number one contender to Almas's NXT Championship. First two matches. Trent Seven vs. Killian Dain and Kassius Ohno vs. A Mystery Opponent (previously slated for now injured Velveteen Dream).
- Mauro Ranallo and the crew welcome us to the show to hype Mr. Regal's announcement and tonight's card as we get right into the action.
- Andrade "Cien" Almas out for his Championship Celebration. Subtle interactions between he and his business associate, Zelina Vega. Mixed reaction from the crowd as Vega takes the mic. She says we're all witnesses to a historic championship reign. Vega plays a mean hype man. Almas simply takes the mic and said "told ya so" as he gloats about his win. He satirically apologizes for defeating and injuring Drew McIntyre. He is a master of Spanglish as he continues to celebrate.
- Lars Sullivan meeting with the media outside the PC earlier in the day. When asked about Roderick Strong, who he'll face in the number one contender's tourney, he says Strong is a hell of a competitor. Also says Strong is a handsome guy, and that ain't him. Strong also talks about his family, Lars says he has no family. They face off in two weeks.
Trent Seven vs. Killian Dain (Fatal Four-Way Qualifier)
Dain coming in after a strong performance at NXT TakeOver: WarGames. One half of Mustache Mountain tries to take the fight to Dain early, but the effort is thwarted without much effort. Trent not a small guy and Dain slams him with ease. Seven mounts a comeback with a series of chops and ends with a DDT to stun the big man momentarily. Seven looking for his lucky lariat but gets a kick and gets laid waste by "the divide" cross body. This time the Seven Stars Lariat connects and gets a two count. Seven looks to lift Dain for a slam, but no dice. Dain counters, lifts Seven, deposits him on the ring and crushes him with a senton. Time for a shave.
Winner via Pin Fall: Killian Dain
- Adam Cole and the rest of Undisputed Era cut a promo backstage, while their music is playing in the background...anyways. Cole talks about his match with Aleister Black in the qualifying tournament while O'Reilly and Fish reveal they have a tag title shot in a couple weeks as well. Shock the system, indeed.
Ruby Riott vs. Sonya Deville (No Holds Barred Match)
Tensions high during intros and Deville goes straight to work with go-behinds and suplexes. Riott using strikes to get out of trouble and hits a beautiful snap suplex. Riott goes for her trademark kick and gets caught by an ankle lock by Deville. No rope breaks in this style of match. She makes the ropes anyway and uses them to sneak out of the hold. Riott selling the leg as we go to break.
We're back and Deville using her MMA background to her advantage. Snapmare from the corner and a big knee to the lower back of Riott that sounded like it landed flush. Riott creates space, hits the ropes, but met by a leaping lariat from Deville. Back to the submission game and counters every reversal of Riott's. The punk rock princess elbows her way out and lands a nice STO to even the odds. Both ladies throwing hay makers now as Riott hits the rope and lands a knee that Deville bumps late for. Riott hits a sloppy but effective springboard DDT. Riott still not really selling the ankle as she hits a suicide dive. Deville is actually the first back to the ring and catches Riott in a triangle draped over the bottom rope. Riott doesn't tap, but the official calls for the bell as Riott is visibly near motionless.
Winner Via TKO: Sonya Deville
- Ember Moon meeting with the media and vows to be the best NXT Women's Champion. The Iconic Duo come in to ask a question. They state they're from the "Iconic Times" and state Moon pinned Cross, and not Royce. The qualm which one will face Moon next week.
- Quick history lesson on the WWE UK Title. Current champ Pete Dunne takes on inaugural UK Champ, Tyler Bate, in just a few weeks.
- Vignette for a debuting superstar with spades as the focal point.
Kassius Ohno vs. Johnny Gargano (Fatal Four-Way Qualifier)
What a pop for Johnny Wrestling. Crowd is absolutely on FIRE for this match as they shake hands. Ohno with an early throw but Gargano hops right back up. Mat wrestling early on as each creatively go in and out of holds. Arm wringer reversal by Gargano into a drop kick. Side kick by Johnny. Gargano looks for his slingshot spear, but Ohno has done some scouting. He catches Gargano and lands a straight right elbow that knocks Johnny off the apron as we go to break.
Dueling chant as we return and the Duke-clad Ohno is in control. Exposed knee drops from the bigger competitor as Gargano checks his eyes and nose for broken bones and blood. We've entered the bludgeoning portion of the match as Ohno lands shot after shot. Huge kick from Ohno gets a two. Ohno working over the jaw region of Gargano that's thankfully not made of glass. Gargano landing his unique strikes that make a really awesome sound. Gargano with a combo of kicks that send Ohno outside. Johnny looks to fly but Ohno slips back in. Gargano looks for the slingshot spear and hits it this go round. These guys are LAYING IT IN on their strikes. Ohno laughs at Gargano's kicks and hits a back senton. Gargano draped across the ropes in a heap, but won't give up. Ohno kicks him into next week. Ohno looks to fly but flips himself back to his feet. Gargano follows suit and hits a flying tornado DDT. Referee at a count of five as Gargano rolls Ohno back in the ring. Step-up up enziguri by Gargano. Spinning pump kick from Ohno. Two count. I need a cigarette and I don't even smoke.
Ohno gets Gargano in the electric chair but fights out and rolls Ohno up for a two. Near fall after near fall. Shot after shot. Ohno finally rolls down the elbow sleeve and comes up empty. Trio of stiff kicks from Gargano. The underdog hits the ropes, goes into a spinning head scissors, and transitions into the Garga-No Escape. Ohno taps fairly quickly to end an absolutely fantastic. Johnny Wrestling moves on.
Winner via Submission: Johnny Gargano
- Gargano celebrates with a raucous crowd as Ranallo hypes next week's show.