Welcome to Wrestling Inc's live coverage of WWE 205 Live, exclusively on the WWE Network! Join us immediately following SmackDown at 10pm ET. Be sure to leave your feedback in the comments section, share our coverage of tonight's episode through social media, and REFRESH for the most up to date coverage.
Tonight features WWE Cruiserweight Champion Cedric Alexander taking on Buddy Murphy.
PLEASE RT - THIS TUESDAY@CedricAlexander will defend the @WWE #Cruiserweight Championship against @WWE_Murphy@WWE205Live proving once again that WE ARE the most exciting hour of television on the @WWENetwork #205Live #WWE pic.twitter.com/msf2aWxb9K— Drake Maverick (@WWEMaverick) May 26, 2018
- Recap of Buddy Murphy attacking Cedic Alexander a few weeks back. Murphy talks about all the things that he's gone through (training and cutting weight) to get to tonight's championship match.
- Vic Joseph, Nigel McGuinnes, and Percy Watson welcome us in and talk a bit more about tonight's championship night. We see Alexander looking at his title back in the locker room while Murphy gets his hands taped up.
- Drew Gulak joins commentary and is asked his prediction on tonight's main event. He says whoever has the best ground based strategy will win tonight's championship match.
Kendrick lands a couple strikes, but Dorado takes him down with a dropkick and brings in Kalisto. Kalisto with a pop-up to his partner's shoulders and splashes down on Kendrick, cover, two. Dorado brought back in and double ax handle off the top rope. Gallagher makes his way in, but gets taken down by a high-flying Kalisto, hurricanrana, tornado DDT, no, Kendrick gets the blind tag. He sneaks in behind Kalisto and whacks him in the back of the head.
Gulak hands some pamphlets to commentary and tries to talk about how he can make a better 205 Live. Gallagher working over Kalisto's arm, drops him face first, pin, two. Kalisto gets tossed over the top rope, Kendrick with a big boot, cover, two-count. Gulak is really annoyed by the noise makers. Kendrick gets dumped up and over to the floor, Kalisto able to tag out. Dorado with a crossbody to Kendrick, couple chops, hurricanrana off the second rope, cover, two. Gulak leaves commentary and trips Dorado off the top rope while the referee was distracted by Gallagher. Kendrick locks in the captain's hook and Dorado taps out.
Winners: Jack Gallagher and The Brian Kendrick via Pinfall
- Post-match, Gulak shakes hands with Kendrick and Gallagher.
- Last week, we look back at Hideo Itami defeating Akira Tozawa.
- Predictions from other Cruiserweights about tonight's match. Mustafa Ali says Murphy is the hardest hitting cruiserweight, but he's not taking the title from Alexander, it's going to be him. Tony Nese calls Murphy unstoppable and the better athlete, he's going with Murphy.
- Backstage, Dasha Fuentes talks with Drake Maverick and asks his thoughts about tonight's main event. Maverick says everyone will be on the edge of their seats tonight. Dasha says maybe not everyone, like TJP, who wouldn't mind going to SmackDown. Maverick says people should prove their worth in the ring, not on social media. Maverick then hypes up the championship match some more, call it's a "big fight feel."
- Commentary noting Alexander is wrestling in front of friends and family tonight.
Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Buddy Murphy (WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match)
Lots of reversals early on, a couple pin attempts, both one-counts. Stalemate finishes off the first sequences and Alexander says "this is my house." Crow with an "Alexander" chant. Alexander gets on a bit of a roll, sends Murphy to the floor, Alexander looks to fly, puts on the brakes as Murphy gets back into the ring. Alexander with some more taunting, dodges Murphy's attempts to lock up and catches him with a dropkick.
Murphy on the floor, Alexander with a dropkick through the ropes that stuns him, Alexander with a suicide dive that sends Murphy over the announce table. Alexander on the table, but gets tripped up. Murphy with a side suplex on the apron and launches his opponent into the barricade. Action back in the ring, Murphy with some soccer kicks and sends him into the corner a few times. Murphy continues to focus on the back with a couple more kicks. He goes one too many times to the well and catches a few uppercuts. Spinning heel kick by Alexander who is selling that back injury now. He heads to the apron, tries for a springboard and gets caught with a kick in midair, cover, two-count.
Alexander down in the corner, Murphy with double knees to the back, goes for another and a superkick catches him. Back and forth forearms. Big elbow lands by Alexander, Murphy out to the floor and Alexander with a huge flip over the top, taking out Murphy. He quickly tosses the challenge back in, springboard clothesline, cover, two. Compared to what we usually see on this show, the crowd has been really into this one. Alexander gets dumped out on the floor, Murphy with his own flip over the top rope. He tosses Alexander back in, Murphy up top, rolls through, Alexander plants Murphy, cover, two.
Both guys landing some big strikes, Murphy with a running suplex, cover, two. Out on the apron now, Murphy looking for a suplex, no, Alexander ends up in the ring and lands a kick to the head. Alexander leaps over the top rope and hits a flateliner on the apron! Referee with a ten count and both jump back in at 9. Clubbing blows from both guys. Murphy gets Alexander up on his shoulders, flipping DDT, cover, two-count.
Both swing wildly, Murphy with a kicking combo, Alexander dodges and lands a big strike. Murphy returns fire with a knee to the face, pin, two. "This is awesome!" chant from the crowd. Powerbomb by Murphy, cover, two, knee to the jaw, cover, two. Murphy shows some frustration. Handspring kick hits twice, lumbar check, cover, and that will do it. Great match!
Winner: Cedric Alexander via Pinfall