Welcome to Wrestling Inc's live coverage of WWE 205 Live, exclusively on the WWE Network! Join us immediately following SmackDown at 10pm ET. Be sure to leave your feedback in the comments section, share our coverage of tonight's episode through social media, and REFRESH for the most up to date coverage.
Tonight features Kalisto, Gran Metalik, and Lince Dorado vs. Drew Gulak, The Brian Kendrick, and Jack Gallagher.
Drake Maverick (@WWEMaverick) June 11, 2018
- 205 Live GM Drake Maverick says Hideo Itami will not be on tonight's show after interfering in last week's main event.
- Vic Joseph, Percy Watson, and Nigel McGuinness welcome us in and talk about Itami being sent home.
- Dasha Fuentes asks Kendrick, Gallagher, and Gulak why they have teamed up against Lucha House Party. They respond numbers game and Gulak wanting to have a master class of teammates to make Lucha House Party to tap out.
Kalisto, Lince Dorado, and Gran Metalik vs. Jack Gallagher, Drew Gulak, and The Brian Kendrick
Early back and forth with Dorado running over Kendrick's back and hitting a back body drop. Metalik is tagged in, walks the ropes and hits a big splash down on Kendrick. Metalik with a hurricanrana, dropkick, and tags Dorado back into the match for the cover. Kendrick is able to tag in Gulak who pops Dorado in the face. Dorado with a springboard arm drag, and sends him out to the floor. Dorado with an assisted leap on the top rope out to the floor, taking out all three opponents.
Kalisto in now, kicks Kendrick away, goes up to the second rope and Gallagher trips Kalisto who smacks the back of his head on the turnbuckle. Kendrick with with some clubbing blows, cover, two. Kendrick continues to work on Kalisto's neck and eventually tags Gulak back in. Jawbreaker on Gulak, Kalisto tries to sneak under Gulak and gets the tag, but the referee is distract and doesn't allow Kalisto out of the ring.
Gulak stomps on Kalisto and brings Gallagher back in. Crowd has been pretty quiet for this one thus far. Power slam by Gallagher and he does a little mocking of Kalisto's taunt. Kendrick back in and hits a big boot, cover two-count. Kalisto continues to get destroyed in this one. Kalisto finally hits a tornado DDT and gets a window to finally tag out. Metalik with a springboard splash, big chop to Gallagher, superkick, walks the ropes, dropkick, pin, two-count.
CAN YOU DIG IT! pic.twitter.com/TjwYld785U— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) June 13, 2018
Gulak in now against Dorado, tries for a suplex, no, hurricanrana, cover, two. Gulak with a big lariat, cover, two. Gulak with the roll-up, holds the tights, ref sees it though and stops his count. Dorado answers with a spinning heel kick, cover, two. Gallagher tries to lock in the captain's hook, but everyone in the ring now taking each other out. Dorado hits a double springboard stunner, Kalisto and Metalik with stereo flips to the outside. Back in the ring, Kendrick is able to get the captain's hook in on Dorado in the middle of the ring. Dorado is able to counter with a handful of tights and get the victory.
Winners: Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado, and Kalisto via Pinfall
- Locker room, Hideo Itami says Mustafa Ali and Buddy Murphy didn't deserve to be in the main of event of last week's show. Itami says he's going to be the next Cruiserweight Champion and they will respect him.
- Backstage, Maverick talks with Buddy Murphy who says unless he's getting a match against Itami, he doesn't care what Maverick has to say and isn't wrestling. Ali wants a shot at Itami as well, but Maverick wants to hold off until people chill out a bit.
- Locker room, Mustafa Ali says he was so close to beating Murphy last week, but where he's from if you get knocked down, you get back up. Ali says he'll be taking on Tony Nese tonight and hopes Murphy and Itami are watching.
Akira Tozawa vs. Steve Irby
Tozawa gets to work quick on Irby, feint chop, straight punch to the face and follows that up with some stomps in the corner. Tozawa with a kick to the face, running senton, and Irby gets in some offense with a pump kick and knee to the midsection. Irby with a couple forearms to the face, Tozawa hits a hurricanrana, running knee, and heads up to the top rope for a missile dropkick. Couple more kicks from Tozawa who heads up to the top rope and crashes down on his opponent, cover, and we're all done here.
Winner: Akira Tozawa via Pinfall
- Vignette for Lio Rush who is on top of a building. Rush wonders how there have been two cruiserweight tournaments and neither included him, the best cruiserweight champion in the world. Rush is still "coming soon."
- Locker room, Tony Nese gets prepped for his match. Nese says Ali made a huge mistake accepting his challenge, tonight is not about Ali getting back into the title hunt, it's about him making a statement at Ali's expense.
- TJP says he'll just keep doing what he does and may end up on another show if Maverick doesn't pay attention. TJP continues that Maverick will end up seeing him as the one that got away.
Mustafa Ali vs. Tony Nese with Buddy Murphy
As Nese does his usual taunting he brings out his workout partner, Buddy Murphy, who joins him at ringside. Before the match gets rolling, Buddy Murphy gets in the ring to intimidate Ali a bit. Cedric Alexander's music hits and he quickly gets in the ring. Alexander and Murphy clear out and the match gets going. Ali with a spinning heel kick to send Nese out to the floor. Ali heads out as Murphy gets between the two wrestlers. Alexander looks on, but doesn't get involved. Nese throws Ali back-first into the ring post.
Murphy talks to trash to Ali, Alexander approaches. Ref says he's going to throw both Alexander and Murphy out if they don't stay back. Maverick is looking on from the back as Nese runs Ali over, cover, two. Nese drapes Ali's neck over the top rope, springboard moonsault, lands on his feet, charges the corner, misses and Ali pops him with a kick. Rolling facebuster by Ali, pin, two-count. Nese recovers, hits a back elbow, Ali tries for a tornado DDT, no, Nese with some more strikes. Hefty double clothesline in the middle of the ring.
Nese up on the second rope, Ali goes up, gets flipped back, lands on his feet, and Nese hits him with a lariat. Pump-handle driver on Ali, cover, two-count. Nese showing some frustration. Ali up and hits a superkick, Ali looks for the 054, Murphy helps pull Nese out of the ring. Ali ends up flipping over the referee and taking out Nese. Murphy strikes Alexander, the two fight in the ring, Murphy gets sent out to the floor and Alexander hits a rough looking suicide dive. The two fight to the back. In the ring, Nese nearly put down Ali, but he kicked out. Nese looked to finish Ali off, but kicks the middle turnbuckle. Ali with a tornado DDT, heads up and nails the 054, cover, and that will do it.
Winner: Mustafa Ali via Pinfall
- Post-match, Ali gets on the mic and says to Drake Maverick next week he wants a triple threat match against Hideo Itami and Buddy Murphy. Backstage, Maverick is asked by Dasha about what Ali had to say. Maverick decides to give them what they want and it will be next week's main event.