Welcome to Wrestling Inc's live coverage of WWE 205 Live, exclusively on the WWE Network! Join us immediately following SmackDown at 10pm ET. Be sure to leave your feedback in the comments section, share our coverage of tonight's episode through social media, and REFRESH for the most up to date coverage.
- Vic Joseph, Nigel McGuinness, and Percy Watson welcome us in and comment on Cedric Alexander defending his title against Drew Gulak at SummerSlam. The contract signing it will go down tonight. Also tonight, Alexander vs. The Brian Kendrick.
Kalisto vs. Tony Nese
Nese getting most of the offense early on, Kalisto tries to use some speed to get control of the match, but is quickly dropped and sent out of the ring. Buddy Murphy watching on from the back as Nese beat Kalisto up outside the ring. Both in the ring now Nese launches Kalisto into the corner and does some taunting. Kalisto sent into the corner again, but catches Nese with a back elbow then a kick. Tries to fly, but Nese catches him and drops Kalisto over his knee.
Nese continues to focus on Kalisto's back. Kalisto look for a hurricanrana and Nese holds on, plants him into the mat, cover, two-count. Kalisto counters a suplex, cover, two, Nese slides and trips up his opponent. Nese goes for a second rope moonsault, looks to tweak his knee and Kalisto plants Nese right on his head with a hurricanrana. Nese fights back, but Kalisto is able to hit a salida del sol out of nowhere, cover, 1-2-3.
Winner: Kalisto via Pinfall
- Post-match, Murphy is out at ringside and blocks Kalisto from leaving. Kalisto tries to run past him, but Murphy catches him and lifts him high in the air. Lince Dorado makes the save and kicks Murphy's leg out from under him. Double superkicks drop Murphy.
- Backstage, Drake Maverick is with WWE Cruiserweight Champion Cedric Alexander and Drew Gulak for the contract signing. Gulak goes to sign first, but stops to talk. Alexander stops him, takes the contract, and signs it. He says there's no need for PowerPoint presentations, just sign it. Gulak continues talking and wonders what Alexander has really done. Gulak says whenever the title isn't on the line, Alexander is just chilling in the back, letting everyone else beat up on each other. Gulak calls himself a workhorse and says Alexander "will forever be known as the Brock Lesnar of 205 Live."
- Lio Rush out with a mic in hand. He says some people are bothered he didn't give Tozawa another rematch, but he's a hot commodity and everybody wants a piece of him. Rush's opponent is already in the ring, Rush says he bets this guy could put up a better fight than Tozawa.
Lio Rush vs. Ricky Martinez
Rush charges in, misses, gets kicked in the head, punch lands. Rush with a couple quick kicks that send Martinez out to the floor. Rush with a hard suicide dive and sends his opponent back in the ring. Another spinning kick lands, Rush up top, split-legged frog splash, and we're already done here.
Winner: Lio Rush via Pinfall
- Post-match, Tozawa's music hit and he heads out to the ring. Rush bails out of the ring and jaws at Tozawa and heads towards the back.
- Backstage, Kendrick is getting ready for his match against Alexander. The champ is also shown getting prepared.
Cedric Alexander vs. The Brian Kendrick (Non-Title Match)
Some chain wrestling to get us started, bit of a stalemate as both guys escape each other's holds. Alexander lands a number of strikes on Kendrick, gets him in the corner and hits a few big shops. Alexander takes him down, dropkick lands. Out comes Drew Gulak, Alexander is a bit distracted by this move. Kendrick out on the floor, Alexander slides under the ring, Alexander goes down to get him and gets yanked into the edge of the ring and then sent into the steps.
Gulak joins commentary as Kendrick continues to work over Alexander in the ring, goes for a cover, two-count. Gulak talks about what it means to him to work on SummerSlam as it's something he watched ever since he was a kid. Kendrick ends up out on the floor, Alexander with a big flip over the top rope, Gulak doesn't approve. Alexander springboards in, lands on his feet, clothesline hits, kick to the back of the head from the apron, springboard clothesline, cover, two.
Handstand spinning kick by the champ, Kendrick gets to the ropes, and is able to dump Alexander out to the floor. Alexander looks for the flatliner, but Kendrick counters it into the captain's hook. "Tap, you punk!" Gulak yells. Alexander finally gets to the bottom rope though for the break. Alexander is able to fight back though, Kendrick tries for sliced bread, but Alexander catches him with the lumbar check, pin, 1-2-3.
Winner: Cedric Alexander via Pinfall
- Post-match, Alexander stares right at Gulak and laughs. Gulak doesn't seem phased at all. Gulak steps up to the apron and gets Alexander's attention. From behind, Jack Gallagher shows up and drops the champion. Gulak takes his jacket off and they look to beat him up some more. Maverick runs down with a bunch of referees and gets them to back up. Maverick tells them he's out of the match if they touch Alexander and the group backs off.