Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE SmackDown Viewing Party. Tonight's show comes from the Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
- The announcers go right to a video package with highlights from last night's invasion on RAW, which saw SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch lead the blue brand women's division in a beatdown on the red brand women's division.
Tom announces that Becky suffered a broken face and a concussion during the brawl. She will not be able to face Rousey at Survivor Series on Sunday. Fans chant for Becky. They shows us a replay of Nia Jax causing the injuries on RAW. Graves says it was a severe concussion that Becky suffered. Tom says Rousey's new opponent will be named later tonight.
- We go to the ring and out comes WWE Champion AJ Styles. Tom hypes Sunday's match with WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar.
Styles hits the ring and fans chant his name. He talks about the 2017 match with Lesnar and what he's done in the year since. He got them all but Lesnar. Styles says that will be different on Sunday as he plans to do more than just survive. AJ suddenly pauses and turns his attention to the timekeeper's area. Paul Heyman is coming through the crowd. AJ says to let Heyman speak. Heyman takes the mic and does his usual grand introduction for The Beast. Styles says he came to SmackDown with all due respect because on RAW last night he told everyone that there's no one his client wants to face on Sunday more than AJ, because when you mention WWE Hall of Famers like Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, you mention AJ Styles. Heyman says Styles is just this close to being as good as #1, Daniel Bryan.
Heyman says we're never going to get to see Lesnar vs. Bryan. Heyman doesn't want to insinuate that Styles is a consolation prize. Heyman wants everyone to know how special it will be for him when he has a front row seat to see his client step in the ring with the second greatest in-ring performer in WWE history, AJ. Styles knows Heyman is trying to get under his skin. AJ has had nothing but respect for Bryan but he did make him tap out. AJ says Lesnar limped away from their match last year and that shows he's vulnerable. AJ has gotten better for 371 days but Lesnar has gotten closer to tapping out for the past 371 days. AJ goes on and says Sunday will not be about Lesnar or Bryan, it will be about the face that runs the place, the champ that runs the camp, The Phenomenal One. The music interrupts and out comes Bryan. Bryan says he's not even sure why they're talking about him. He goes on and says if AJ mentions his name one more time without reason, he will punch AJ in the face. Bryan thanks AJ, tells him goodnight and drops the mic to leave. AJ says Heyman brought up Bryan's name, not him. AJ thought they hugged everything out and were all good but Bryan seems upset still. AJ goes on and says Bryan's name again. Bryan rocks him int he mouth and they start brawling on the mat. SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon runs out with referees and producers to break the fight up. The fight is finally broken up as they stare each other down.
- Still to come, The Bar and Big Show vs. The New Day. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and another backstage brawl breaks out between Styles and Bryan in Shane's office. Officials are in to break it up. Shane announces Bryan vs. Styles for tonight and the title will be on the line.
Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Jeff Hardy
We go to the ring and out comes Andrade "Cien" Almas with the returning Zelina Vega. Jeff Hardy is out next.
The bell rings and Almas immediately attacks with a boot. He keeps control and takes Hardy to the corner, beating him down as Vega cheers him on. Hardy turns it around and hits a jawbreaker. Almas gets some offense in and poses on the ropes with Vega. Hardy comes back and kicks Almas out of the ring. We go to commercial with Almas out on the floor.
Back from the break and Hardy covers for a close 2 count. More back and forth between the two. Hardy gets turned upside down in the corner. Almas goes to the top for the double stomp to the chest for a close 2 count. Almas wastes some time but charges into the corner with the double knees to the face. Almas with more offense and another pin attempt. Almas blocks the Twist of Fate and drops Hardy with a big back elbow. Hardy kicks out just in time as Vega screams at ringside.
Hardy fights off the hammerlock DDT. Hardy hits a Twist of Fate and goes up to the top. Hardy nails a Swanton Bomb for the pin to win.
Winner: Jeff Hardy
- After the match, Hardy stands tall as his music plays. We go to replays.
- We see The Miz and SmackDown General Manager Paige backstage watching the match. Paige confirms Daniel Bryan is no longer on Team SmackDown at Survivor Series, so Miz is now the sole Team Captain. Miz names Hardy to replace Bryan on Team SmackDown. We see Rey Mysterio and Samoa Joe in the office also. Miz says Rey is off the team because he was Bryan's pick and they need to get Bryan's stench off the team. Paige says that's enough and Miz may be Captain but she's General Manager. Paige says Miz has to beat Rey if he wants him off the team. Rey is looking forward to beating Miz up. Paige says that match is next. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Dasha Fuentes is backstage with WWE United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura. She asks how he plans on defeating WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins at Survivor Series, someone he's never faced. Nakamura says Rollins stated on RAW that he wasn't thinking about Nakamura. That broke Nakamura because all he's thought of and lived is Rollins, but Rollins isn't thinking about him. Nakamura says Rollins broke his heart, so at Survivor Series he will break Rollins' face. Nakamura walks off.
The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio
Back from the break and out comes The Miz with a copy of The Marine 6 in his hand. Rey Mysterio is out next. Rey will be removed from Team SmackDown if he loses this one.
Back and forth to start the match. We go to commercial after Miz drops Rey out on the floor.
Back from the break and Rey is in control. Rey goes to the top and hits the seated senton for a 2 count. Rey keeps control and kicks Miz in the face for another pin attempt. Miz counters and spikes Rey with the big DDT for a close 2 count. Miz keeps control and hits the sitdown powerbomb for another 2 count. Miz charges for another boot to the face but Rey avoids it. They tangle and Miz catches Rey but Rey blocks the Skull Crushing Finale.
Rey drops Miz into the ropes and hits the 619. Rey goes back to the top and hits the Frogsplash but Miz turns it around for a close 2 count. Rey immediately rolls back over and slides Miz into a pin for the win to secure his Survivor Series spot.
Winner: Rey Mysterio
- After the match, Rey stands tall as his music hits and we go to replays. Randy Orton hits the ring out of nowhere but Rey avoids the sneak attack. Orton drops Miz with the RKO instead. Rey retreats as Orton stares him down from the ring.
- We see security standing by backstage in case the RAW roster tries to invade.
- We see Becky Lynch backstage talking to a staffer and she's sporting a big black eye. She wants to speak to the crowd tonight. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and SmackDown General Manager Paige is out in the ring with a mic.
Paige welcomes us the ladies of SmackDown to join her in the ring. Out comes Charlotte Flair first. Lana is introduced next. Carmella is out next, followed by The IIconics, Peyton Royce and Billie Kay. Sonya Deville is out next, followed by Mandy Rose, Asuka and Naomi. Paige says SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch suffered an injury last night battling for RAW and now she's unable to compete. Fans boo. Paige says Becky is going to come out to hand-pick her replacement to face Ronda Rousey at Survivor Series. Paige introduces Becky and out she comes to a pop.
Becky hits the ring and fans start cheering her name. She thanks them. Becky says she's angry as hell. She took a good beating last night but that's never stopped her before. Unfortunately the medical team will not clear her to fight on Sunday. Fans boo. Becky says she's been angrily knocking on doors all long hoping someone will let her fight but she's run out of time. Becky says when they invaded RAW she got a taste of blood when she beat the hell out of half of the locker room. Becky says she had Rousey screaming in pain in her armbar but that was just a taste of what she was going to do at Survivor Series. Becky says she can still kick Rousey's ass with a concussion and mouthful of blood. Fans chant Becky's name again. She's sorry she can't finish what she started, yet. Becky says Ronda is the luckiest b---h on the planet, not the baddest.
Becky says she has to pick her replacement now, someone she knows can get the job done. She sizes up the others in the ring - The IIconics first, then Flair, Deville, Naomi, Lana, Asuka, Rose and Carmella last. Becky goes back to Flair and tells her to make Rousey tap out the way she was going to make her tap out. They shake hands and then hug. Fans chant for Becky again as she drops the mic and walks out of the ring. The others hug Flair. Becky leaves with the title as her music hits, raising it in the air while backing up the ramp. Flair steps in front of the others in the ring as Becky stares back at the ring.
- Back from the break and Charly Caruso stops Charlotte Flair backstage for comments on what just happened. Flair says she has spent her career fighting with and against Becky but she will fight for her on Sunday. Flair says it's going to be her honor at Survivor Series when The Queen beats Ronda Rousey and proves SmackDown is the superior brand.
Big Show and The Bar vs. The New Day
Sheamus and Kofi start the match off. Back and forth between the two. Kofi drops Sheamus and tags in Woods for some double teaming. Woods nails a big elbow drop and tags in Big E. Big E and Woods double team Sheamus now. Sheamus kicks out at 2 after a Big E splash. Fans chant for New Day as Sheamus turns it around on Woods and tags in Cesaro. Cesaro runs into a boot but catches the Honor Roll. Cesaro rams Woods back into the corner as Big Show tags in.
Show levels Woods in the corner and hits him with a big chest chop. Show keeps up the corner attack on Woods. Show levels Woods again and keeps control as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Woods fights out of a hold by Sheamus. Cesaro tags in and kicks Kofi off the apron to prevent a tag. The Bar double teams Woods with a backbreaker. Cesaro covers but Big E breaks the pin. Show ends up launching Big E into the barrier at ringside. Woods rocks Sheamus and tries to get a tag but Cesaro tags in Sheamus and they double team him again. Sheamus takes Woods to the top but Woods kicks him to the mat. Woods with a missile dropkick. Fans rally for Woods as Kofi waits for the tag. Kofi tags in and unloads on Cesaro, also knocking Sheamus off the apron. Kofi gets caught and Cesaro nails an uppercut in the corner. Cesaro runs into a boot in the corner. Kofi goes to the top for a crossbody but Sheamus breaks the pin up at 2.
Big E gets sent to the apron but Sheamus. Sheamus hits a Brogue Kick to knock him off the apron. Show takes Woods out from making the save and sends him into the announce table. Kofi hits Trouble In Paradise but Cesaro rolls him for a 2 count. Kofi with SOS on Cesaro for another close 2 count. Cesaro catches Trouble In Paradise and slingshots him but Kofi jumps to the top. Kofi counters and leaps off the top but Big Show tags in and hits the knockout punch in mid-air. Show covers Kofi for the pin.
Winners: Big Show and The New Day
- After the match, ShowBar stands tall as Big Show's music hits.
- We see security standing guard backstage. The Usos approach several blue brand tag teams and hypes them up for the match on Sunday. They give t-shirts to The Colons, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, and SAnitY. These teams will join The Usos and The New Day at Survivor Series. The blue brand tag teams get on the page and are all about unity for Sunday.
- We get another look back at the earlier brawl between Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles. That match is still to come. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and the announcers go over the Survivor Series card.
WWE Title Match: Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles
We go to the ring and out comes Daniel Bryan for tonight's main event with major Survivor Series implications. WWE Champion AJ Styles is out next. We get formal ring introductions from Greg Hamilton.
The bell rings and Styles immediately rams Bryan back into the corner with shoulder thrusts. Bryan turns it around with Yes Kicks in the corner. AJ turns it around and ends up dumping Bryan over the top rope to the floor as he charged. AJ springboards to the floor with a big forearm to the face. We go to commercial with AJ on top.
Back from the break and Bryan works AJ over with strikes. AJ turns it around and takes Bryan down near the corner, focusing on the leg. AJ kicks and yanks at the leg now. Bryan with a shot to the face. More back and forth until Bryan sends AJ over the top rope to the floor. Bryan follows and sends AJ shoulder-first into the steel ring post a few times. Bryan focuses on the left arm now. Bryan with more offense and another 2 count in the middle of the ring..
AJ tries to fight out of an arm hold as he gets to his feet. They trade strikes in the middle of the ring. AJ with a back-fist and a big running shot in the corner. They run the ropes and collide in the middle of the ring. They both go down and we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan hits a corner dropkick. Bryan takes AJ to the top and hits the hurricanrana for a 2 count. Bryan goes back to the top but AJ rocks him and climbs up. Bryan fights him off and he falls to the mat. AJ with a pele kick from the mat. Styles climbs back up but Bryan slides under and rocks him. Bryan turns AJ upside down in the corner and delivers Yes Kicks. Bryan with the basement dropkick. Bryan climbs up and hits the super belly-to-back suplex. AJ still kicks out at 2.
They tangle more in the middle of the ring. Styles goes for the Styles Clash but it's blocked. Bryan uppercuts AJ into the corner. More back and forth. AJ with a victory roll for a 2 count. AJ drops Bryan with a pele kick. AJ springboards in with the 450 but Bryan gets his knees up. Bryan applies the Yes Lock but AJ is close to the bottom rope. AJ gets the bottom rope to break the hold. Bryan calls for the "yes!" chant now as AJ gets up.
Bryan charges in with the running knee but AJ dropkicks the leg out. AJ applies the Calf Crusher. Bryan rolls through and applies the armbar. Bryan goes into the Yes Lock in the middle of the ring now. AJ gets out of that and slingshots Bryan face-first into the turnbuckles. More back and forth. AJ goes for the Phenomenal Forearm but the referee gets hit and he goes down. Bryan ends up dropping AJ with the low blow. The referee doesn't see it and Bryan acts like it was an accident. Bryan gets a crazed look in his eye as some fans boo. He waits for AJ to get up. Bryan nails the running knee and covers for the pin to win the title.
Winner and New WWE Champion: Daniel Bryan
- After the match, Bryan stands tall with the title and has a bit of a sinister look on his face. Bryan takes the title and looks at it as the referee checks on AJ. Bryan walks over and kicks AJ in the head to lay him out. Bryan stomps away on AJ and his arm now. Bryan laughs and has snapped as the boos continue. Bryan goes back to stomping away on AJ. Bryan stares at the title again as the boos pick up. SmackDown goes off the air with Bryan looking over at AJ while he's laid out.