Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE Monday Night RAW Viewing Party. Tonight's show comes from the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, CA.
- Tonight's Christmas Eve edition of WWE RAW opens live on a tape delay with a "Twas The RAW Before Christmas" video to hype the matches.
Elias starts playing and asks who wants to walk with him tonight. Elias goes on and reminds us what WWE stands for - Walk With Elias. Elias says it's truly better to give than to receive and soon he will give us a gift we've all wanted - humiliating Bobby Lashley. Before that, Elias has another great gift for us - an exclusive Elias Christmas song. Elias asks for everyone to silence their cell phones, hold their applause and let the power of Elias take over. He begins the song, taking shots at Lashley and Lio Rush. Elias ends the song with "Bobby Lashley sucks!" over and over, but the music interrupts and out comes Lashley with Rush.
Miracle on 34th Street Fight: Elias vs. Bobby Lashley
The bell hits and Elias goes at it with Bobby Lashley. Lashley takes control early on and beats Elias down in the corners.
Lashley rocks Elias in the corner with a right hand, sending him out of the ring. We see a table with Christmas party supplies & snacks on it outside of the ring. There are also Christmas trees with presents around the ring. Lashley follows and Elias nails him with a tree. Elias keeps control, using the Christmas weapons on the floor as fans cheer him on. Elias grabs a kendo stick wrapped like a candy cane and goes to swing it but Rush grabs it from behind and runs away with it. Lashley tries to take advantage of the distraction but Elias sends him into the steel ring steps. We go to commercial with Elias in control.
Back from the break and they trade shots coming out of the corner. Lashley catches Elias and drives him into the mat. Rush goes to the top for a Frogsplash but Elias gets his knees up, Elias tangles and rolls Lashley up for a 2 count. Lashley comes right back and drives Elias into the mat. Lashley hits Elias while he's down and drops him right back to the mat when he gets up. Lashley sends Elias to the floor.
Lashley follows and poses on top of Elias while putting the boot to his shoulder. Lashley with more offense on the floor while Elias is down. Lashley brings it back in the ring, hitting elbows in the corner. Lashley runs into a boot. Lashley comes right back and nails a Belly-to-Belly suplex. Rush gives a gift too Lashley. Lashley unwraps and dumps it out on the mat. It's a box full of Legos. Lashley takes Elias to the top and looks to superplex him on top of the Legos. Elias fights back.
Fans do a "Legos!" chant now. Rush cheers Lashley on as they fight it out up high. Elias knocks Lashley to the mat and Lashley falls on top of the Legos. Elias goes to the floor and sprays a fire extinguisher in Lashley's face, while Lashley is in the ring. Elias follows and sprays the extinguisher some more in the ring. Lashley accidentally knocks Rush off the apron through the Christmas party table. Fans pop. Elias drops Lashley with a jumping knee to the face. Elias with a fire extinguisher shot to the gut. Elias stomps away in the corner now. Elias keeps control and goes outside of the ring to get another gift, a bowling ball.
Lashley is down in the corner with his legs open as Elias brings the bowling ball back in. Fans pop as Elias bowls a strike, right between Lashley's legs. Elias goes on and smashes a large red cello over Lashley's back for the pin to win.
- After the match, Elias stands tall as we go to replays and his music plays.. Elias leaves the ring and shoves a bunch of cookies in Rush's mouth, then dumps a bowl of egg nog over his head. Elias leaves and talks some trash as fans cheer him.
- The announcers show us a replay of last Monday's "fresh start" announcement by Vince McMahon, Triple H, Stephanie McMahon and Shane McMahon.
- Still to come, Mr. McMahon-ta Claus will be here with stocking stuffers for everyone. Also, Paul Heyman will be here to celebrate the holidays. Up next, #1 contenders The Revival gets their title shot. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get a backstage segment from Heath Slater. All Slater wants for Christmas is for his best buddy Rhyno to get his job back.
RAW Tag Team Titles Match: The Revival vs. Chad Gable and Bobby Roode
Dash starts off with Roode and takes control before quickly tagging in Dawson. Roode fights Dawson off and tags in Gable. The champs double team Dawson and unload into the corner. Gable catapults Dawson across the ring for a 2 count. Gable keeps Dawson grounded in the middle of the ring now, working on the arm.
Dawson turns it around and connects with chops in the corner. Dawson drops Gable and runs the ropes but Gable comes back and does the same. Gable with a big arm drag and a flying scissors. Gable and Roode stand tall together but The Revival ends up taking advantage of a referee distraction, dropping Gable neck-first over the top rope. The Revival goes for the pin attempt as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Wilder works Gable over in the corner. Wilder ends up getting caught in an armbar on the ropes but Dawson makes the save and tags in. Gable manages to backdrop Dawson and this leads to Roode finally getting the hot tag. Roode unloads on both opponents as the crowd gets hyped up. Roode with a running thrust to Dash in the corner. Roode clotheslines Dawson over the top rope to the floor. Roode with a Spinebuster to Dash for a close 2 count.
Fans rally for Roode again. Roode goes for the neckbreaker on Dash as Gable goes to the top for the double team assist. Dash counters and sends Roode into the corner. Gable manages to drive Dash into the mat but Dawson makes the save. More back and forth between the two now. Gable and Dawson trade pin attempts. Dash tags in fo the impressive double team but Roode makes the save just in time. Dawson sends Roode out of the ring. Roode comes back in and messes up a Shatter Machine attempt, driving Wilder out to the floor. This goes into Gable rolling Dawson up for the pin to retain.
Winners: Chad Gable and Bobby Roode
- After the match, the champs celebrate as we go to replays. The replay shows that Gable pinned the wrong man as Dash was the legal man. The Revival looks on frustrated as Roode and Gable raise the titles on the ramp.
- Still to come, Natalya vs. Rousey and Rollins vs. Corbin.
- We go backstage to The B Team singing their own version of the "12 Days of Christmas" song to Apollo Crews. Crews isn't impressed enough to buy some of their merchandise, but maybe next year. Crews walks off. Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel keep singing as we go back to commercial.
- We go to a self-recorded backstage promo from Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler isn't sure if he's on the naughty or nice list but he knows he should get a few things he deserves this year. They are Shane McMahon personally handing him what he deserves - the World Cup trophy, DZ & Friends getting their own stand-up comedy special on Netflix, and what he deserves most of all when he beats Finn Balor and Drew McIntyre tonight - proof that he is just that damn good.
Triple Threat: Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Finn Balor
We go to the ring for tonight's Triple Threat as Drew McIntyre makes his way out first. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and we get a "returning soon" promo for the injured Kevin Owens. McIntyre waits in the ring as Charly Caruso enters for an interview. She asks if McIntyre is worried about his opponents teaming up on him tonight. McIntyre says they are going to gang up on him and they should but it won't make a difference because they are limited while he is limitless. McIntyre says if by some Christmas miracle they are able to get the upperhand, their ego and pride will get in the way and he will be waiting to tear their heads off. McIntyre goes on and declares himself for the Royal Rumble match, saying he will go on to fulfill his destiny of main eventing WrestleMania. McIntyre calls on his opponents to be brought out. The music hits and out comes Dolph Ziggler. We see what happened last week when McIntyre left them laying. Out next comes Finn Balor.
The bell rings and Drew fights off both opponents as they charge at him, dropping them both. Drew ends up going down and gets sent to the floor. Ziggler and Balor go at it now. Ziggler gets the upperhand and dropkicks Balor for a 2 count. Ziggler with some trash talking against the ropes. Balor rolls through a pin attempt and hits the basement dropkick. Balor sends Ziggler over the top rope to the floor. Balor runs the ropes for a dive but Drew trips him and pulls him out of the ring, sending him into the barrier.
Ziggler runs around the ring and leaps at Drew but Drew catches him in mid-move. Drew slams Ziggler into the apron and he goes down. Drew stands tall on the outside over both opponents as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Drew has Balor in the ring. Drew kicks Ziggler away from the apron, back to the floor as he tries to re-enter. Drew keeps Balor grounded now. Drew sends Balor out of the ring and he lands hard. Drew with a long vertical suplex on Ziggler in the ring now. Drew with a 2 count. Drew mounts Ziggler with strikes. Ziggler works Ziggler around and talks some trash. Balor comes back and rolls Drew up for a 2 count. Drew comes right back and levels Balor with an elbow for a close 2 count.
Drew stomps on Balor now, kneeling down and talking trash. Balor fights up and out with kicks but Drew shoves him back into the turnbuckles. Ziggler comes back but Drew fights him off. Drew catches Ziggler with the Glasgow Kiss headbutt. Ziggler goes down and ends up on the floor. Drew fights Balor off as they trade offense. Balor with a dropkick to the back, sending Drew into the turnbuckles. Balor goes to the top and rolls through a Coup de Grace attempt. Ziggler catches Balor with a Zig Zag for a close 2 count. Ziggler waits for Balor to get up. Balor catches the superkick. Ziggler drops Balor with a Fame-asser.
Drew comes in and blocks Ziggler. Drew catapults Ziggler on top of Balor. Drew covers Balor for a close 2 count. Drew waits for Balor to get up now. Balor blocks a Claymore with a Slingblade. Balor goes on and drops Drew with a kick to the face. Balor goes to the top for a Coup de Grace but Ziggler cuts him off. Ziggler ends up headbutting Drew and then dropping him with a superkick for a 2 count as Balor breaks the pin up with a Coup de Grace. Balor gets hyped up now. Balor sends Drew out of the ring to the floor. Balor dropkicks Ziggler into the turnbuckles and then hits another Coup de Grace for the pin to win.
Winner: Finn Balor
- After the match, Balor stands tall and celebrates as his music hits. We go to replays. Balor looks on from the stage as Drew stares him down. Drew re-enters the ring and approaches Ziggler, who is still down. Drew grabs Ziggler and talks trash in his face as the referee warns him. Drew pushes Ziggler away and stands up to try and intimidate the referee. Ziggler jumps up from behind and nails the Zig Zag, laying Drew out. Ziggler makes his exit up the ramp as his music plays.
- Cole leads us to a recap of last week's 16th annual Tribute to the Troops.
- The B Team are backstage singing their own "12 Days of Christmas" song again but they're having no luck. A frustrated Bo knocks over a Christmas tree. We go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get Vince McMahon dressed as Santa Claus, or Mr. McMahon-ta Claus. Vince reveals that John Cena is coming back and he will be on both brands, RAW and SmackDown. Vince also reveals that there will be new WWE Women's Tag Team Titles in 2019. Vince then announces a Steel Cage match for next Monday's New Year's Eve edition of RAW, Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre.
Mickie starts off with Ember, going back and forth. Mickie takes control and tosses Moon around. Fox tags in but Moon drops her from the apron. Ember runs the ropes and leaps out to the floor, sending Mickie into the barrier. Ember brings it back into the ring but Fox drops her on the apron. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Dana keeps control of Moon. Dana sends her into the turnbuckles as Mickie comes back in. Mickie with more offense and pin attempts on Moon. Fox tags in and keeps Moon down before tagging Dana back in. Fox, Mickie and Dana all take turns on Moon and Dana covers for a close 2 count. Moon fights back but Dana knocks Banks off the apron. Dana misses the handspring elbow in the corner. Bayley tags in and unloads on Dana. Bayley goes on and takes out Mickie when she tags back in. Banks tags in and assists Bayley, then hits the Meteora on Mickie. Moon ends up hitting the Eclipse on Fox. The finish sees Mickie take a Backstabber and then a Bayley-to-Belly suplex for the pin.
Winners: Sasha Banks, Bayley and Ember Moon
- The announcers lead us to clips of the happenings between Seth Rollins and Baron Corbin on last week's RAW. Rollins will battle Corbin in tonight's main event. Still to come, Paul Heyman celebrates the holidays. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Paul Heyman is in the ring with a light on him. Heyman starts singing his own version of "Silent Night" and mentions how WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar will not be getting "those hands" from Braun Strowman. Fans boo. Heyman also makes a rhyme about Lesnar delivering a big slam and a pin, then he's our Christmas Grinch.
Heyman then introduces himself and reminds us how Strowman will be challenging his client at the Royal Rumble. Heyman says he had access to Braun's WWE personnel file and he found that Braun used to sit by his family Christmas tree when he was a little monster, and ask Santa Claus to bring him a replica title. Now he's a grown monster and he wants the real title, but at the expense of Heyman's client. Heyman says he might as well shoot from the hip on Braun tonight - Santa won't be bringing Braun the WWE Universal Title from Lesnar, Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer will not light that special path to the title for Braun. Heyman goes on ranting and says Strowman is getting nothing but a lump of coal in his stocking, not the real title or even a replica title. The music interrupts and out comes Strowman to a big pop.
Strowman's elbow is taped up but he is no longer wearing the sling. Strowman enters the ring and stares Heyman does as the "get these hands!" chant starts up. Heyman looks terrified as he wishes Braun a Merry Christmas. Strowman places a red nose and a set of reindeer antlers on Heyman. Strowman taunts Heyman and introduces him as The Red Nosed Advocate. Strowman says he has a message to take back to Lesnar - Braun will be healed up in time for the Royal Rumble and Lesnar will get these hands. Strowman stares Heyman down as his music starts back up. Strowman raises his arms to the crowd for a pop as he makes his exit.
- The announcers show us what led to tonight's RAW Women's Title match.
- Charly Caruso is backstage with Natalya now, asking about facing a friend and training partner tonight. Natalya says she expects nothing but the best from Ronda Rousey and she knows Rousey would expect the same. Natalya says she helped train Rousey, so no one knows her like Natalya does, no one. Natalya says 2018 was one of the most challenging years of her life but she's focused and determined, she's ready. She says it would be an amazing gift to her family if she brings home the title on Christmas and she's going to do it. She walks off and we go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get video of Tyler Breeze and Alexa Bliss revealing their Christmas wishes. Bliss wishes everyone a Merry Blissmas. She's not asking for a gift for herself from Santa, because she's perfect, but she has gifts in mind for others - a personality for Bayley, humility for Sasha Banks, nothing for Natalya because she's a lost cause, better makeup for Ronda Rousey. Breeze wants his friend Fandango to return, and a few Ariana Grande tickets. A staffer says he can have just one wish and he picks the Grande tickets.
RAW Women's Title Match: Natalya vs. Ronda Rousey
We go to the ring for the next match and out first comes #1 contender Natalya. RAW Women's Champion Ronda Rousey is out next. We get formal ring introductions from JoJo.
The bell rings and they go at it, taking it to the mat to trade holds. They get back up but Rousey slams Natalya back down. More back and forth on the mat. We have a stalemate now. They lock up again and Rousey works on the arm. Natalya turns it around and takes Rousey to the mat. Rousey goes for the armbar after they spend the first several minutes trading holds on the mat. Natalya avoids it but Rousey keeps her grounded. More back and forth on the mat. Rousey with a body scissors.
Natalya fights up and out, slamming Rousey back for the first impact move of the match. Natalya goes on and tries for the Sharpshooter but Rousey kicks her away, sending her out of the ring on her head. We go to commercial with Natalya down on the floor.
Back from the break and Natalya is back in the ring, keeping control of Rousey. Natalya with a close 2 count. Natalya grounds Rousey in the middle of the ring again. Rousey looks to make a comeback but Natalya clotheslines her for a 2 count. Natalya keeps control and yells at Rousey to give up. Natalya goes on and ties Rousey up in an abdominal stretch. Rousey shows some frustration before Natalya drops her for another 2 count. Natalya grounds Rousey again and looks to talk some trash to the crowd. Natalya shuts down another comeback attempt and slams Rousey. Rousey finally gets an opening and unloads with strikes in the corner. Rousey with a takedown and a running knee for a close 2 count. Natalya counters another knee for a 2 count. Natalya drops Rousey with a big discus clothesline for a 2 count. Rousey ends up scooping Natalya on her shoulders for the Fireman's Carry slam. Rousey can't get the pin or the armbar as Natalya applies a Sharpshooter in the middle of the ring.
Rousey crawls for the bottom rope as fans wake up a bit. Natalya drags Rousey back to the middle of the ring. Rousey crawls again but Natalya pulls her back and tightens the hold. Rousey counters the Sharpshooter and applies the armbar. Natalya taps out for the finish.
Winner: Ronda Rousey
- After the match, Rousey goes over and checks on Natalya as the music hits. Natalya stares Rousey down and turns her attention back to her arm. Rousey helps Natalya up and they hug in the middle of the ring. The referee hands Rousey the title and she raises it along with Natalya's arm. They hug again and talk in the middle of the ring before leaving together.
- We go backstage to WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose. Ambrose he's in a festive mood tonight and wanted to wish Seth Rollins good luck for the main event. Well, not really. Ambrose wanted to wish Rollins what he deserves. Ambrose isn't one of those gullible fools who believe in Santa Claus. Ambrose says Rollins will get what he deserves for Christmas this year. Ambrose says he got what he deserved for once - the Intercontinental Title. Ambrose tells Rollins to imagine how lousy his Christmas will be if he loses to Baron Corbin tonight. Deck the halls, Ambrose says, that's what Rollins deserves. Still to come, Rollins vs. Corbin in the main event.
- Graves leads us to a trailer for "Fighting With My Family" on Paige's family, featuring a clip of The Rock's cameo.
- Back from the break and we get a "returning soon" promo for the injured Sami Zayn.
Heath Slater vs. Jinder Mahal
The bell rings and they go at it to start. Jinder takes control and grounds Slater, working on the arm. Slater tries to fight up but Jinder slams him right back to the mat. Santa Claus suddenly appears from the crowd.
Santa tosses gifts to fans in the crowd as Jinder looks on from the ring. Slater takes advantage of the distraction and drops Jinder from behind. Slater goes for the pin but The Singh Brothers hit the ring and attack him to make the save, causing the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Heath Slater
- After the bell, Jinder and The Singh Brothers triple team Slater now. Santa enters the ring and pleads with them to stop the beatdown. Santa suddenly clotheslines Jinder. Santa tosses Sunil Singh out of the ring and Slater tosses Samir Singh out. Slater looks at Santa and smiles. Santa heads to the corner and does the familiar pose as he waits for Jinder to get up. Santa levels Jinder with a Gore as fans pop. Santa un-beards and reveals himself to be Rhyno. Slater and Rhyno Claus celebrate as we get a replay. Jinder and The Singhs head up the ramp as Slater and Rhyno look on. It looks like Slater's Christmas wish from earlier was granted.
- The B Team is backstage, still trying to get into the Christmas spirit with their own "12 Days of Christmas" song. They're barely able to move or function, exhausted and dehydrated. They collapse and are both on the ground now. Cole suggests someone bring Dallas and Axel egg nog. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see Vince Claus' announcements from earlier. They announcers hype next week's McIntyre vs. Ziggler Steel Cage match and they hype John Cena's RAW and SmackDown returns in 2019.
- Charly Caruso is backstage with Seth Rollins, asking about tonight's main event and potential interference from the Intercontinental Champion. Rollins says life is about moving on and tonight he's focused. Rollins says he's focused on putting Baron Corbin away for good. Regarding Dean Ambrose, Rollins says Ambrose can take his title but he can't take his dedication and his heart.
Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin
We go to the ring for tonight's main event and out comes Seth Rollins to a pop. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and we get backstage videos of Apollo Crews, The Ascension and WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle talking about their Christmas wishes. Crews wants a tank so he can flip it over and moonsault over it. Konnor and Viktor only wish to punish their opponents. They also joke about playing Secret Santa but Konnor just shakes his head at his partner. Angle says his wish came when he made sure Baron Corbin couldn't be the permanent RAW General Manager and that to him is a Merry Christmas. We return to the ring and Rollins looks on as Corbin makes his way out.
The bell rings and Rollins comes flying out of the corner, unloading on Corbin into another corner. Corbin gets a shot in but Rollins kicks him and sends him to the floor through the ropes. Rollins nails a suicide dive as fans pop. Rollins works Corbin around the outside but Corbin shoves him spine-first into the apron. They bring it back in and Rollins misses a stomp as Corbin retreats to the floor. Rollins nails another suicide dive and Corbin goes back down. Rollins whips Corbin into the barrier. Rollins brings it back into the ring and keeps control. Rollins goes to the top but Corbin jumps up and rocks him with a right hand. Rollins falls out to the floor and lands hard. Corbin stands tall in the ring as we return to commercials.
Back from the break and Corbin has control in the ring. Corbin misses in the corner but he baseball slides to the floor, run right back into the ring and levels Rollins with a big right hand.. Corbin keeps control and shuts down a comeback attempt. Corbin works Rollins over and yells out to the crowd. Corbin rag-dolls Rollins some as the crowd tries to rally for The Architect. Corbin misses in the corner again, baseball slides out to the floor again and runs back in but this time it backfires. Rollins goes on and nails a Blockbuster from the second turnbuckle.
Rollins unloads with offense now. Rollins with a Slingblade. Corbin runs into a boot in the corner. Rollins rolls through from the top but ends up hitting the Falcon Arrow for a close 2 count. Rollins gets hyped up as fans cheer him on. Rollins cranks up for the Stomp now as the "burn it down!" chant starts. They trade counters and Corbin catches Rollins with a big Deep Six for another close 2 count. Corbin can't believe Rollins kicked out. We get a replay of the last sequence as fans continue to pop for Rollins.
Corbin rocks Rollins and keeps control. Corbin takes Rollins up top for a superplex but Rollins resists. Rollins gets dropped on the apron but he comes right back with a kick to the head. Rollins springboards in but Corbin catches him in mid-air with the chokeslam - backbreaker combo. Rollins still kicks out at 2. Corbin argues with the referee. Rollins counters End of Days and they trade counters again. Rollins ends up kicking Corbin in the face while he's on his knees. Rollins nails the Stomp for the pin to win.
Winner: Seth Rollins
- After the match, Rollins stands tall and celebrates as his music hits. We go to replays. Corbin limps up the ramp and looks back at Rollins as he hits the turnbuckles to pose for fans. Cole wishes everyone a Merry Christmas as the Christmas Eve edition of RAW goes off the air.