Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE SmackDown Viewing Party. Tonight's show comes from the Sames Auto Arena in Laredo, TX.
- The final WWE SmackDown before Super ShowDown opens live from the Sames Auto Arena in Laredo, Texas. as Tom Phillips welcomes us. He's joined by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton. The announcers hype tonight's appearance by WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg. Also, Shane McMahon is determined to call out Roman Reigns.
- We go right to the ring and out comes WWE Champion Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods of The New Day as Greg Hamilton does the introductions. The announcers plug Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi at Super ShowDown on Friday in Saudi Arabia.
Kofi says he's learned over the past few months that life is crazy and full of surprises. He thought he'd seen it all and done it all in WWE over the years. Kofi goes on about the highs and lows, and how that led him to winning the WWE Title at WrestleMania. Fans chant "you deserve it!" now. Kofi thanks them. Kofi says as great as that is, what's most important to him is being able to inspire others. We cut to a video package with footage from Kofi's recent Homecoming trip to Ghana, his first visit back home in more than 26 years.
Kofi talks about how important the trip to Ghana was. He says it was an amazing feeling to tell a child that he can be what he wants to be. Ziggler suddenly interrupts with a mic on the stage. Ziggler says if this were Friday, he would be beating the hell out of Kofi in the ring at Super ShowDown. Ziggler says he respects Kofi too much and this isn't about him, this is about Ziggler. Ziggler sends us to a video package on his WWE journey and career.
Ziggler goes on about how it should've been him as we get more throwback clips of them. Kofi says if it was meant to be Ziggler, it would've been. Kofi knocks Ziggler for quitting and walking out when he didn't get his way. Kofi says he never quit on himself, his brothers or the WWE Universe. Fans pop and chant for Kofi again as Ziggler stares him down in the ring. Kofi says it's not going to be Ziggler at Super ShowDown again, and as long as Kofi is champion, it will never be Ziggler. We cut to yet another throwback clip with Kofi and Ziggler, this time we see Ziggler's recent return and attack on Kofi. Ziggler says on Friday it will be him. Ziggler turns and walks up the ramp as Kevin Owens' music hits.
Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn vs. Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston
Dolph Ziggler acknowledges Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens at the stage as they come out for tonight's opening match. Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods wait in the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and we get the bell. Kofi comes in after Woods and Sami go at it. We see Ziggler backstage watching the match. Kofi and Owens go at it now with Kofi taking Owens down. Kofi unloads in the corner but runs into a boot. Owens beats Kofi down and gets some heat from the crowd. Sami comes in as Owens gets knocked off the apron. Kofi dropkicks Sami and stomps away in the corner as Woods comes in, continuing the stomps on Sami as fans count along.
Woods and Kofi continue the double team on Sami. Woods with a close 2 count. Sami ends up on the floor to regroup with Owens. Kofi flies and takes Owens down on the floor. Woods takes Sami down. Woods chops away on Sami now. Woods brings Sami back into the ring but Owens stops him from following while the referee isn't looking. Sami takes advantage and turns it around on Woods. Owens tags in and launches Woods into the barrier. Owens talks some trash for more boos. Owens brings Woods back into the ring and drops a senton for a 2 count.
Woods tries to fight out of the corner but Owens clotheslines him. Owens with another senton for another close 2 count. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kofi ends up unloading on Sami for a pop. Kofi waits for a Trouble In Paradise but Owens grabs his leg from the outside. Sami tries to capitalize but Kofi connects with Trouble In Paradise for the pin to win.
Winners: The New Day
- After the match, Kofi and Woods celebrate as the music hits. Ziggler suddenly hits the ring from out of nowhere and levels Kofi with a superkick. Woods also eats a superkick. Fans boo as Ziggler stands over Kofi and looks down at him. We go to replays. Ziggler slowly walks to the back as Kofi and Woods recover in the ring.
- Still to come, WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg is here. Also, Shane McMahon is determined to call out Roman Reigns.
- We see Shane McMahon backstage in his office. Shane says there's speculation on why he had Roman Reigns brutalized on RAW last night, to soften him up for Super ShowDown. We see a replay of Shane, Drew McIntyre and The Revival taking turns on Reigns last night. Shane says this all came about because Reigns said Shane doesn't stand a chance with him in the ring. Shane says that proved he does stand a chance. Shane says anything Reigns can do in the ring, he can do better, because he's the best in the world. Shane says he's headed to the ring to call Reigns out, he just wonders which version he will get - the big dog strutting his stuff, or the little pup with his tail between his legs.
- We go back to the arena and out comes RAW Superstar Alexa Bliss, via the WWE Wild Card Rule, for an episode of "A Moment of Bliss" on the stage. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Bliss welcomes her guest, SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley. Bliss has coffee brought out but it's sent back. She waits for the coffee to be brought back out before asking any questions, annoying Bayley. Bliss mocks her and agrees to start on Bayley's own timing. Bliss talks about how Bayley had a good night at WWE Money In the Bank. Bayley says she deserved it. Bliss talks about how she was a better Ms. Money In the Bank. Bliss says when she had the blue brand title, it actually meant something. She asks Bayley if she really thinks the title means something around her waist. Bayley says Bliss is trying to bait her, and things have changed since they last saw each other.
Bayley ends up stepping to Bliss and disrespecting her on her own show. They have words but the music interrupts and out comes Carmella. Carmella if they want to talk about former champions and Money In the Bank holders, they can't have that conversation without mentioning her name. Carmella thinks a SmackDown Superstar should be the next one to get a title shot. Bliss has words. The music interrupts and out comes Charlotte Flair to interrupt. Flair poses in front of them. Flair says she just talked to her friend Shane McMahon and he informed her that a match will take place tonight to determine Bayley's opponent for WWE Stomping Grounds. It will be Flair vs. Bliss vs. Carmella in a Triple Threat. Flair taunts with a "Wooo!" as her music hits.
- Still to come, Goldberg is here.
- We see WWE 24/7 Champion R-Truth hiding backstage. He gets Carmella's attention as she walks by. Truth says Carmella has a big opportunity tonight. Truth talks about how he's been defending the title non-stop and he's waiting for Shane McMahon to call him back. Shane calls on Carmella's phone and she hands it over to Truth. Truth says the title is ruining his life. Truth apologizes for interrupting Shane McMahon Appreciation Night recently. Shane is apparently saying the rules are to blame for the title causing stress. Shane is also saying something about a standard match that Truth has right now. His opponent is on the way to the ring now. Truth runs off to the ring. Carmella takes the phone and is surprised at what kind of match Truth has.
- We go to the ring and Elias is in the ring with his guitar. Back to commercial.
Lumberjack Match for the WWE 24/7 Title: Elias vs. R-Truth
Back from the break and Lumberjacks are surrounding the ring. It's announced that only Elias can pin WWE 24/7 Champion R-Truth for the title during the duration of the match. Truth is out next as Elias waits.
The bell rings and they go at it. Truth gets sent out of the ring and tossed back in by the Lumberjacks. Elias connects with a knee to the face for the easy pin to win.
Winner and New WWE 24/7 Champion: Elias
- After the match, Elias goes to celebrate until the Lumberjacks surround him. They attack him in the middle of the ring and a big brawl breaks out. Elias escapes the brawl and crawls out of the ring, but runs into Truth on the floor. Truth chases Elias under the ring as the Lumberjacks continue brawling in the ring. Truth comes from under the ring with the title as the bell rings and a referee raises his arm. Truth is now a four-time WWE 24/7 Champion.
Winner and New WWE 24/7 Champion: R-Truth
- After the win, Truth takes off with the title as his music plays.
- Still to come, Goldberg is here.
- We see Shane McMahon backstage walking. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get a new backstage promo from Aleister Black. Black says he issued an open challenge last week but maybe it's cowardice or intelligence that's keeping anyone from knocking on his door. Black goes on and says the pain he inflicts is not exactly our daddy's WWE, but until that time comes to where somebody, anybody, does come knocking on that door, he shall be sitting here waiting, impatiently, until somebody, anybody, decides to be a man and come knock on the door, and pick a fight.
- We go to the ring and out comes Shane McMahon with The Revival's Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder.
Shane enters the ring with The Revival but he stops and has Hamilton do the "best in the world" introduction. Fans start chanting for CM Punk as Shane takes the mic again. Shane praises The Revival for how they decimated The Usos and Roman Reigns on RAW last night. Shane calls for fans to give it up. Shane says The Revival are out here for emotional support tonight. We get a replay of last night's beatdown on RAW.
Shane compares what he did to Reigns to training a young dog. Shane says he will take it up a notch and neuter The Big Dog at WWE Super ShowDown on Friday. They mock Reigns until the music interrupts and out comes Reigns to a pop. Shane orders The Revival to stop Reigns. Reigns nails a Superman Punch to Dawson on the ramp. Dash gets tossed into the LED screen and then hit with a Superman Punch. Shane takes off his coat in the ring as Reigns stares him down from the stage. Reigns marches to the ring as Shane gets hyped up. Drew McIntyre comes flying out of nowhere with a big Claymore Kick to Reigns at the bottom of the ramp, leveling him to boos.
Drew brings Reigns into the ring as Shane barks orders. Drew picks Reigns up and sends him into a Spear from Shane. Shane mocks Reigns and his poses as fans continue to boo. Shane exits the ring with Drew as the music hits. Reigns is still down on his back as we get a replay. Shane and Drew stare Reigns down from the stage as Reigns gets to his feet.
- Still to come, Goldberg appears on SmackDown for the first time. Also, a women's Triple Threat to determine a new #1 contender for Bayley. Back to commercial.
Charlotte Flair vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Carmella
Back from the break and Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss and Carmella are out. The winner of this Triple Threat will earn a title shot at WWE Stomping Grounds.
The bell rings and they go at it. Bliss gets dumped to the floor early on as Flair and Carmella go at it. Bliss comes back in and hits a sunset flip bomb for a close 2 count. More back and forth as Bliss gets dropped again. Carmella applies the Code of Silence on Flair but Flair powers out. Bliss runs in and rocks Carmella with a big right hand, dropping her. Flair stares Bliss down before they go at it.
Bliss sends Flair flying but Flair comes right back with a big boot to level Bliss. Carmella comes back and superkicks Flair in the face. Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville come walking down the ramp, distracting Carmella. Carmella wastes some time and goes to the floor to deal with Bliss but Bliss drops her. Flair chops away on Bliss as Rose and Deville watch at ringside. Flair chases Bliss away and catches her, delivering more chops. Flair brings Bliss back into the ring but Bliss dropkicks her for a 2 count. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Flair tangles with Carmella in the corner. Carmella with a big hurricanrana for a close 2 count. Carmella with more offense until Flair applies the Figure Four and tries to bridge it. Carmella resists. Flair bridges it but Bliss leaps off the top with a Twisted Bliss for a close 2 count on Flair as Carmella breaks it up just in time.
More back and forth now. Flair with a close 2 count on Bliss as Carmella makes the save. Carmella gets knocked out to the floor by Flair. Bliss rolls Flair up with a handful of tights for a close 2 count. Carmella runs in and superkicks Flair. Rose and Deville get involved with a shot to Carmella from the floor. Bliss takes advantage and hits a DDT on Carmella for the pin to earn the title shot.
Winner and New #1 Contender to the SmackDown Women's Title: Alexa Bliss
- After the match, Deville and Rose back up the ramp as Bliss' music hits. Bliss stands tall and celebrates the win.
- We get replays of what Brock Lesnar did to Seth Rollins on last night's RAW. Tom says Rollins received several medical evaluations after RAW, but he vows to be at Super ShowDown on Friday to defend against Baron Corbin. Lesnar says he will be there to cash in.
- Back from the break and Kayla Braxton is in the ring with a mic. She introduces her guest for his first interview and out comes Lars Sullivan. Tom plugs the 3-on-1 Handicap Match with The Lucha House Party at WWE Super ShowDown.
Kayla says Lars has been on a rampage as of late. She asks what drives a man like him to do what he's been doing. Fans chant for Goldberg as Lars pauses before answering the question. Lars says you would never ask a Nightingale why they sing their sweet song, and you would never ask a lion why the methodically stalk their prey before ripping their teeth into it. Fans start with the "what?!" treatment now. Lars says then why would you ever ask what drives a man like him. Lars goes on and says he's been defined by one word his entire life. He tells Kayla to say the word. Lars says it's OK, he can take it, he's been called this word his entire life. Braxton says, "Freak." A "you suck!" chant breaks out.
Lars goes on about how people call him a freak when he performs his primary function, which is to hurt, maim, dissect and dehumanize people, to show all of the fans that the world isn't full of rainbow and sunshine, it's full of pain, agony and a real-life freak of nature like him. Kayla asks if this is what he hopes to teach Lucha House Party on Friday. Lars laughs and fans chant for them. Lars asks Kayla if she likes nursery rhymes and she nods. Sullivan does a "Three Blind Mice" rendition that trails off into a bizarre preview of how he will destroy Kalisto, Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik at Super ShowDown. Lars laughs as the boos continue. Lars keeps laughing as his music hits to end the segment.
- Still to come, Goldberg is here.
Andrade vs. Apollo Crews
We go to the ring and out comes Andrade with Zelina Vega. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Apollo Crews is out. Andrade attacks before the bell and drops Crews with a Hammerlock DDT. Andrade disrespects Crews some and keeps going until WWE Intercontinental Champion Finn Balor runs out to make the save.
Balor and Andrade go at it. Vega distracts Balor from the floor as he looks to go up from the apron, allowing Andrade to turn it back around. Andrade drops Balor with a Hammerlock DDT. We get replays and come back to Andrade leaving up the ramp with Andrade as Balor recovers in the ring.
- We get a look back at The Undertaker's warning to Bill Goldberg on last night's RAW. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get more hype for Super ShowDown on Friday.
- We go backstage to security lined up outside of the locker room door of WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg. The familiar music hits and out comes Goldberg for his march to the ring.
Goldberg makes his way out for his first SmackDown appearance, stopping to shake the hand of a young boy in the front row. Fans chant Goldberg's name as he enters the ring. Goldberg says he's been waiting more than 20 years to see what it would be like to face The Undertaker one-on-one in the ring, now he finally gets the match he's always wanted. Goldberg says listening to Taker on RAW last night, he made an interesting point - he didn't want to share the ring with family man Goldberg, he'd rather share the ring with the Icon, the ass-kicking machine Goldberg. Goldberg appreciates Taker's advice and says it made a light switch go off in his head because Taker was right.
Goldberg doesn't want the family man near Taker because he thinks he would fall short. Goldberg says so he left his ass at home. Goldberg guarantees Taker will get the Goldberg he's been watching for 20 years and wondering how he would stack up against. Goldberg says Taker is going to get the ass-kicking Goldberg he asked for. Goldberg says on Friday at Super ShowDown, we will finally find out who the badass is. Goldberg says Taker is next... to rest in peace. He drops the mic and the bells toll inside the arena as fans go wild. The lights go out.
The light comes up a bit and we see Taker standing behind Goldberg in the ring as fans pop. Goldberg turns around and they face off as the cheers continue. The bell tolls again and the lights go back out. The bell tolls again and the lights come all the way back on. Taker is gone. Goldberg picks the mic back up and asks if that's it. Goldberg says Friday night it is then. He tells Taker to bring his jock strap and tighten it up because this is going to be a ride. Goldberg drops the mic again and exits the ring as his music hits, while fans continue chanting his name. Goldberg greets more younger fans on the way to the back as the announcers hype Super ShowDown from the announce table. The last 5 minutes of SmackDown is the announcers going over the Super ShowDown matches. We get a replay of Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre attacking Roman Reigns earlier, and another look at Goldberg facing off with Taker. SmackDown finally goes off the air.