Kamaru Usman and Amanda Nunes successfully defended their titles, with Alexander Volkanovski joining them as champions at UFC 245 Saturday night. The event marked the final pay-per-view card for the promotion in 2019.
In the main event, Usman rallied to end a close fight with Colby Covington, scoring a stoppage with just 50 seconds remaining. Usman was defending his welterweight title from inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Volkanovski picked up a decision victory and the featherweight title in the co-main event, ending the reign of Max Holloway. In the third championship match, Nunes defended her bantamweight belt with a decision over Germaine de Randamie.
The main card also featured a win by Marlon Moraes over former champion Jose Aldo, along with Petr Yan stopping ex-UFC title contender Urijah Faber.
Complete results are below:
* Kamaru Usman def. Colby Covington via TKO (strikes) at 4:10 of Round 5 to retain the UFC welterweight title
* Alexander Volkanovski def. Max Holloway via unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 50-45) to become the new UFC featherweight champion
* Amanda Nunes def. Germaine de Randamie via unanimous decision (49-44, 49-46, 49-45) to retain the women’s UFC bantamweight title
* Marlon Moraes def. Jose Aldo via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
* Petr Yan def. Urijah Faber via KO (head-kick) at :43 of Round 3
* Geoff Neal def. Mike Perry via TKO (strikes) at 1:30 of Round 1
* Irene Aldana def. Ketlen Vieira via KO (strike) at 4:51 of Round 1
* Omari Akhmedov def. Ian Heinisch via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
* Matt Brown def. Ben Saunders via KO (elbow) at 4:55 of Round 2
* Chase Hooper def. Daniel Teymur via TKO (strikes) at 4:34 of Round 1
* Brandon Moreno def. Kai Kara-France via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
* Jessica Eye def. Viviane Araujo via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
* Punahele Soriano def. Oskar Piechota via KO (strike) at 3:17 of Round 1