Welcome to Wrestling Inc.'s live coverage of AEW Dynamite, beginning at 8 pm ET. Let others know about our coverage by giving this page a quick retweet or share on social media.
Click the refresh button on your browser every few minutes to keep up with the live results. Let us know your thoughts on the show by sharing them below in the comments section.
Brian Cage (c) vs. Will Hobbs (FTW Championship)
The charge into each other, throwing bombs, exchanging shoulder tackles. Cage leaps Hobbs and lands a running back elbow. Hobbs back up and returns fire with a clothesline. They counter suplexes, Hobbs with a diving crossbody, cover, two. "Will Hobbs!" chant from the crowd. Hobbs throwing shots in the corner, but gets planted to the mat by Cage.
Two big athletes starting it off on Dynamite tonight for the FTW Championship. It's @MrGMSI_BCage (c) vs. @TrueWillieHobbs.— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) October 8, 2020
Watch #AEWDynamite NOW on @TNTDrama or https://t.co/GdI7QAsxEP for our International fans. #AEWonTNT @AEWonTNT pic.twitter.com/fL8nvlM8eQ
Cage sends Hobbs into the corner, more punches, basement dropkick to the face, standing moonsault, cover, two-count. Hobbs back up with a back suplex, clotheslines, jumping shoulder tackle, spinning powerslam, pin, two. Hobbs with a sit-down powerbomb, cover, two. Pump-handle slam sending Hobbs face-first into the mat.
Cage with the F-5, cover, two! Release german suplex on Hobbs, he's back up and hits Cage with one. Both men up, double clotheslines. They trade strikes in the middle of the ring. Hobbs hits last will and testament (spinebuster), cover, two. Hobbs then goes to the top rope, frog splash, nobody home. Cage lands drill claw, pin, 1-2-3.
Winner: Brian Cage via Pinfall
- Post-match, Taz gets on the mic as Starks heads into the ring. Taz tells them not to touch Hobbs and says that was an impressive performance. Taz says he fought his ass off, but it's time for him to decide to either join Team Taz or Stark and Cage will beat him up. Darby Allin's music plays, and Allin heads out to the ring with his skateboard. Cage and Starks get out of the ring as he stares them down. Taz barks at Allin, says one day he'll learn not to stick his nose in Team Taz's business.
- Rock star, Slash, sends his congrats to Chris Jericho for being in wrestling for 30 years, says he had no idea it had been that long. Dennis Miller notes Jericho is a good cat and funny, along a great wrestler. Hiroshi Tanahashi sends a a message to Jericho for being in wrestling for 30 years! Jericho's dad also sends Jericho some nice words while having a little bit of the bubbly. Bully Ray makes a quick appearance by having some bubbly, but doesn't say anything.
- Lance Archer talks about how this isn't the first time they've met in the ring, referring to their Texas Deathmatch in NJPW. Archer says Moxley may have beat some other badasses in AEW, but they are nothing compared to him. The two meet next week for the title.
FTR (c) vs. TH2 (AEW World Tag Team Championship)
Young Bucks watching the match from the back. TH2 getting the best of the champions in the early stages of the match. Tully gets a distraction in so Wheeler can crotch Jack Evans on the top rope. Hardwood with a dragon screw leg whip. FTR continues to beat up the challengers. Jack Evans really taking a beating as the champions cut the ring in half.
Angelico finally gets into the match, locks in a double submission on both members of FTR. Evans tags in and hits a double stomp on the back of Wheeler, kicks Harwood off the ring, goes for the cover on Wheeler, two. Assisted 450 splash by Evans, Angelico with cover, two. Young Bucks still looking on. Evans goes up top again, tries for a flip, but doesn't get it all.
Second rope moonsault lands on Harwood. Angelico back in and clears out Wheeler. Angelico looks for a diver, lands on his feet, but Wheeler sent him into the apron. Evans sends Wheeler back to the floor. Evans tries for a tricky pin on Harwood, two. Front flipping kick by Evans, Harwood then lands a big lariat. Tiger driver, cover, very close three-count. Evans is put up on the top rope, Harwood nails a superplex, Wheeler with a big splash, cover, 1-2-3.
Winners: FTR via Pinfall
- Post-match, Nick says FTR is pretty good. They finally realize the cameraman and give him a double superkick. FTR looks on, and we eventually see FTR in some photoshopped hot dog outfits with the AEW World Titles around their waists. Best Friends head out and Trent asks FTR if they get the joke. "Weiners...ya get it? Weenies!" Chuck Taylor is wearing a shirt with the same photo on it. Taylor says what's not a joke is Best Friends are the number one contenders. Next week, Taylor says the two teams will meet in the ring for the titles. They go to fight, FTR bails out of the ring without their titles. Best Friends hold them for a moment then slides them out to the champs and give each other a big hug.
- MJF sends a video message to Chris Jericho about being around for 30 years. MJF recalls a story of meeting Chris Jericho in AEW at an after party last year. Jericho told MJF "you really got something, keep studying, and take a little bit from others in wrestling." MJF says he pointed right at Jericho, and Chris gave him a smile. Shaquille O'Neal sends a message to Jericho, he says "legend is an understatement." Gene Simmons wishes Jericho a happy 30 years. Don Callis says Jericho hasn't changed in all the years he's known him. Lars Ulrich says Jericho has been kicking ass for 30 years and 30 years of being super cool. DDP calls Jericho "my brother" and sends congrats.
- Hype video for tonight's Dog Collar Match. Arn Anderson said Cody just said yes to the match without thinking and that could cost him his career.
Brodie Lee (c) with John Silver vs. Cody with Arn Anderson (AEW TNT Championship)
Silver heads out with Lee, holding the dog collar for the match. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine is in the crowd to watch tonight's match. The two pull on the chain as Silver stands on the apron, Cody charges at Lee and ends up knocking Silver off the apron. Lee drops Cody, elbow drop, looks to drop the chain on him, and Cody moves away. Silver gets up and he's bleeding from the shot by Cody.
Cody goes for a springboard cutter, Lee yanks the chain and Cody crashes to the mat. The two end up on the floor, Cody gets dropped on the apron. Lee sits Silver down and tells him to stay there! Cody ends up hitting him with a running dropkick. Both go back into the ring, Lee uses the chain to shove Cody to the mat. Anna Jay comes back out to ringside and takes Silver to the back. Cody now has a cut above the right eye now after taking a DDT on the chain.
Cody sent into the ropes, goes under Lee's legs and then pulls the chain between Lee's legs! Chain assisted russian leg sweep and Cody yells as he psyches himself back up. Lee out to the floor, Cody dives over the top rope and lands down on Lee, but is sent over the barricade, Lee then pulls the chain, sending Cody into the barricade. Lee brings a table out closer to the ring. The two end up on the apron, Cody drops down to the floor, pulls the champ off and hits a cutter. Both ended up on the apron again, and Cody hit a package piledriver through the table! Lee is now busted open after that move. Back in the ring, Cody yells at Lee to get him. Lee does and gets a chain-wrapped punch to the head. Cody with a flapjack on the chain. Cody then whips Lee over the back with the chain a few times.
Cody puts the chain around the ring post and chokes Lee with it. Cody gets sent out to the floor, Lee then pulls hard on the chain and is nearly choking Cody, but Cody partially blocks it with his arm, which allows him to get back in the ring. Lee with a bossman slam, cover, two. Camera is cutting back to Valentine from time to time to get his reaction. Lee gets a chair and then whips it at Arn! Anderson gets in the ring, but Alex Reynolds runs out and eats a spinebuster! Lee then smacks Arn with the chain, Cody runs in for the roll-up, two. Cody with a kick to the face, more chain-wrapped punches to Lee.
Cody heads to the top, lands a nice moonsault for a two-count. Lee with a thrust kick, tries for another, Cody blocks it, Cross Rhodes, cover, Lee kicks out at one! Lee lands a powerbomb on the chain, cover, two. The two head out to the floor, Cody pulls Lee into the ring post, they both roll into the ring. Cody heads to the second rope, wraps the chain, but Lee pops him and hits a superplex off the second rope. Lee with a release dragon suplex, and is looking to finish Cody off. Discus lariat, no, twisting suplex by Cody. He then puts the chain around Lee's face and tightens down. He throws elbows down on Lee's head, cross rhodes, cover, 1-2-3!
Winner: Cody via pinfall to win the AEW TNT Championship
- Post-match, Dark Order comes out to check on their leader. The Nightmare Family does the same for the new champion. Tony Schiavone talks with Cody after the match. He says there's no feeling on Earth to perform in front of a live crowd. Cody says he's sticking with the fans until the very end, despite some saying he should go dark after changing up his look. He says this is his life's work, he's not pandering. Cody says next week he wants to defend the TNT Championship. Tony asks against who? Cody says that's a good question, and out strolls Orange Cassidy. Orange gives Cody a thumbs up, and Cody returns it back to him.
- Commentary announces Wardlow, Colt Cabana, and Hangman Page have been added to the upcoming tournament.
- Backstage, Kenny Omega talks with Alex Marvez the upcoming tournament. He asks about Page being the tournament, Kenny says why not? This will be the premier tournament in AEW. Omega says doesn't be surprised when his hand is raised and he'll beat whoever the hell the champion is by that time. Omega mentions Page an awful lot in his promo, clearly, Page is on his mind.
Big Swole vs. Serena Deeb
Swole using her power to keep Deeb down. Commentary noting Swole is currently the number two contender in the women's division. Deeb gets sent into the corner, but throws a big clothesline at Swole, sending her to the apron. Deeb then wrenches Swole's leg over the rope. Deeb is able to control Swole for the next few minutes until they both collide heads in the middle of the ring.
Both miss strikes, Swole with a big headbutt to the chest, cover, two. Deeb tries to drop Swole, no, elbow strike by Swole, and then an uppercut. Deeb counters with one of her own. Swole hits an ax kick, headbutt to the chest, rolling elbow, pin, two-count.
Winner: Big Swole via Pinfall
- At a bar, AEW World Champion Jon Moxley says he hasn't had much time to celebrate after winning his last big title match. He's been around long enough and knows eventually the champion goes down. Moxley says one doesn't beat Archer, one survives him. He says he barely did the last time they met in NJPW. Moxley says he knows every time he hands the title to the referee, he may not touch it again. He flips a coin, what happens on the 14th? Maybe Archer wins, maybe he wins. Moxley says he's not laying down from Archer though, Archer is going to have to take the title off his dead body. "It's like you always say Lance, everybody dies..."
- More well wishes to Jericho from Lance Storm, Kevin Smith, Eli Roth Gabriel Iglesias, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Steel Panther, Ultimo Dragon, and Paul Stanley.
Chris Jericho and Jake Hager (with Sammy Geuvara, Ortiz, and Santana) vs. Chaos Project (Luther and Serpentico)
Jericho and Serpentico getting things going, Serpentico gets a few shots early, but Jericho quickly drops him. Luther tags in and goes up against his old rival. They trade chops in the middle of the ring. Big boot by Luther, clothesline, suplex, punches, and kicks to a grounded Jericho. Serpentico with a slingshot double stomp and tags Luther back in. Luther continues to beat up Jericho until he tags out to Hager. Hager beats up Luther, and then Serpentico, bringing Jericho back into the match.
Jericho lands some big chops, tries for a back body drop, but Serpentico lands a DDT. He tags in Luther, Luther knocks Hager off the apron. Serpentico with a flip down on a few guys. Luther then goes off the top rope and hits a flip down on more Inner Circle members. In the ring, Luther hits a king kong knee drop, cover, two. Luther up top, walks the ropes a bit and drives Jericho head-first into the mat. Luther is slipping around quite a bit, hopefully he doesn't go up top anymore.
Jericho sent into the ropes, tries for judas effect, no, Luther lands a german suplex. Diving knee drop by Serpentico on Jericho. Hager finally gets involved and breaks up the pin. Serpentico and Hager out to the floor. Jericho calls for his bat, Luther catches it, whacks Jericho, kick to the midsection, cover, two. Sammy gets on the apron, Luther knocks him off, Jericho nails Luther with judas effect, cover, 1-2-3.
Winner: Chris Jericho and Jake Hager via Pinfall
- Post-match, Jericho gets on the mic. "Hey listen, 30 years in this business, thanks to all of you. I just want to say..." MJF's music hits and out comes MJF. He quickly says this isn't about him and to cut his music. Wardlow walks out something under a pink sheet. MJF says he respects Jericho and wants to be part of the celebration. MJF gives a countdown and it's Clownicho Le Clown (?). Crowd boos. The clown is holding another gift and Jericho takes it. MJF tells Sammy he's getting his jacket soon. MJF says next week he has a career defining announcement and wants Jericho there. Jericho opens the gift and it's a portrait of MJF. Jericho then smashes it over the clown's head and hammers him with judas effect. "I hate clowns, and don't ever interrupt me again, you understand me?" The two stare at each other for a moment. They both laugh, MJF says "Ah, you almost got me!" Jericho thanks the crowd. Out from the back comes a huge part of the roster. Credits then roll and it's just "Chris Jericho" for every single role, including all the camera operators. Commentary jokes about it as the show comes to a close.