Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE SmackDown Viewing Party. Tonight’s show comes from the Yuengling Center in Tampa, Florida.
– The final WWE SmackDown of the ThunderDome era opens up with a video package, looking back at last week’s show. We’re backstage at the Yuengling Center in Tampa, Florida as Jimmy Uso tries to enter the locker room suite of WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns. He seems anxious but Paul Heyman stops him. Heyman says Reigns is headed to the ring to handle something. Heyman assures Jimmy he will get the attention he wants later tonight. Uso walks off.
– We go to the normal SmackDown intro video. WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns is backstage now as fans in the arena boo. Heyman approaches and takes the title, and bows to the champion. Reigns and Heyman head to the ring as the music starts up. We’re now live from the Yuengling Center as Michael Cole welcomes us to SmackDown at the ThunderDome for the final time. He’s joined at ringside by Pat McAfee. Reigns stops on the stage and raises his title in the air as the pyro explodes.
Fans chant “Roman sucks!” now. He takes the mic and says he knows people were not happy with him being absent last week. A lot happened last week that he wasn’t happy with either. He goes on about how he doesn’t like a liar, and that’s what WWE Hall of Famer Edge is. Reigns talks about how he smashed Edge at WrestleMania 37, and Daniel Bryan, and dismisses Edge’s comments from last week. He goes on and mentions family, and how this might be a good time to handle some family business. The music interrupts and out comes Jimmy Uso.
Jimmy says he got in Edge’s face last week for us, not himself, for us, but he didn’t see Reigns last week. Uso says he showed up while Reigns was on vacation. Reigns says he didn’t tell Uso to make decisions for them. Reigns says if anyone earned a vacation, it’s him, but he doesn’t take them. He was busy doing what Jimmy couldn’t do, doing his job, too. The Uso’s music hits again and out comes Jey Uso making his return.
Jey says he’s back for all of them. He tells Jimmy he’s always got his back, even through these tough times right now. Could that be a reference to the DUI arrest? Jey tells Jimmy that they need to get back to what they do best and win the Tag Team Titles once again. Reigns says this is what he’s been saying all along. No one can touch them all if they’re together. He goes on and says no one can touch them if they do it his way. Reigns opens his arms and then hugs Jimmy and Jey at once. Fans boo as Reigns embraces them and looks on. The Usos and Reigns end the segment on the same page.
– Baron Corbin is backstage when Kayla Braxton approaches. She asks about tonight’s Money In the Bank qualifier against Shinsuke Nakamura. Corbin says he needs to win this match. His life is a mess. He’s lost his crown, his car, he’s missed house payments and is close to having his house foreclosed on. He goes on about winning Money In the Bank again and says winning is the only opportunity he has at turning his life back around. A somber Corbin walks off.
Money In the Bank Qualifying Match: Baron Corbin vs. King Shinsuke Nakamura
We go back to the ring and out comes Baron Corbin walking with no entrance. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Big E to watch the match from ringside. He sets up his couch near the announce table. Big E is already confirmed for the Money In the Bank Ladder Match. They air a video package showing recent events that have Corbin down & out. We see video from earlier today of King Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs arriving in a Mercedes G-Wagon. This is Corbin’s car that was repossessed last week. Corbin seethes in the ring as Boogs comes out to begin Nakamura’s entrance. Boogs starts playing and out comes Nakamura to join him.
We see Big E and McAfee enjoying foot baths at ringside as Boogs performs. Corbin snaps and attacks Nakamura at the bottom of the ramp as Nakamura does his entrance. Boogs makes the save and Corbin is sent into the barrier. Boogs checks on Nakamura as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it. Corbin catches Nakamura off the second rope and drives a knee into his gut. McAfee and Big E are still doing commentary from the couch, with their foot baths. Corbin controls Nakamura and keeps him down with boots. Corbin slingshots Nakamura over the top rope for a 2 count.
Nakamura turns it around with a kick. Nakamura with the high knee in the corner with Corbin draped over the top turnbuckle. Nakamura goes on and delivers a sliding knee for a 2 count. Corbin counters and drops Nakamura. Corbin with a single-leg Crab now. Corbin with a big back suplex for a 2 count.
Big E and McAfee are cracking jokes on Corbin’s hairline. Nakamura fights Corbin away in the corner with elbows, then kicks him out of the ring. Corbin gets up and drops Boogs at ringside with a right hand. Nakamura leaps at Corbin but Corbin counters and slams Nakamura onto the announce table with a big Brainbuster. Corbin rolls back into the ring as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Corbin is working Nakamura over in the corner. Corbin charges in the opposite corner but hits the ring post shoulder-first when Nakamura moves. Nakamura and Corbin tangle now. Nakamura nails a kick and drops him. Nakamura charges as Corbin gets up but Corbin catches him with Deep Six for a close 2 count. Corbin brings Nakamura back in from the apron with a suplex. Nakamura kicks out and Corbin shows some frustration now.
Corbin takes Nakamura to the top but Nakamura fights back with forearms. Nakamura ends up bringing Corbin to the mat with a Triangle. Corbin powers up with a powerbomb in the middle of the ring but Nakamura keeps the submission locked in. Corbin tries to power out once again but he fades to one knee in the Triangle. Corbin breaks it with the ropes but Nakamura covers him for a 2 count.
Nakamura readies in the corner now. He charges for Kinshasa but Corbin meets him with a big clothesline. Nakamura fights Corbin off and delivers more kicks to daze Corbin on his knees. This time Nakamura nails Kinshasa for the pin to win and qualify for Money In the Bank.
Winner: King Nakamura
– After the match, Nakamura celebrates with Boogs performing on his guitar as the music hits. Nakamura joins Big E, Kevin Owens, Ricochet, Riddle, Drew McIntyre and John Morrison as confirmed MITB entrants. A disappointed Corbin sits up on the mat at ringside as Big E and McAfee taunt him while jamming to Boogs.
– The Usos are backstage. Jimmy Uso apologizes to Jey Uso but Jey says its nothing, they’ve been doing this since kids. Jey says someone like Edge will bring a family back together. Jey asks Jimmy if he’s ready to take care of some family business tonight before Jimmy does. Jimmy is, but he stares ahead with a serious look on his face.
WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Natalya and Tamina Snuka vs. Tegan Nox and Shotzi Blackheart
We go back to the ring and out come WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Natalya and Tamina Snuka. Cole says they have been challenged by a new tag team making their debuts. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and the champions are in the ring. They cut promos on how a new tag team has challenged them to a non-title match. They’re not thrilled but they’re ready to fight. The music interrupts and out comes WWE NXT Superstars Shotzi Blackheart and Tegan Nox, riding Shotzi’s tank to the ring. They fire the missile and it almost hits the champs as they look on from the ring.
Nox starts off with Natalya. They lock up and trade counters. Natalya slams Nox and they tangle on the mat. Shotzi tags in for a double team sequence. Shotzi rolls Natalya for a 2 count. Nox comes back in for more double teaming and quick tags. Shotzi with an assisted cannonball for a 2 count but Tamina makes the save.
Natalya shoves Shotzi away and tags in Tamina. Tamina ends up dropping Shotzi with a kick to the face for a 2 count. Tamina with a corner clothesline, then another big clothesline. Tamina drops an elbow for another close 2 count. Tamina controls Shotzi and elbows Tegan off the apron tot he floor. Natalya tags in and catapults Shotzi into a superkick from Tamina.
Nox runs in and goes at it with Tamina, then saves Shotzi from a Natalya pin. Nox takes out Tamina again, sending her to the floor. Natalya drops Tegan but Shotzi clotheslines Natalya. Shotzi goes to the top and hits her Ball Pit senton for the pin to get the non-title win.
Winners: Shotzi Blackheart and Tegan Nox
– After the match, Nox and Blackheart celebrate in the ring as the music hits. The champs look on from the floor, disappointed.
– Megan Morant is backstage with Edge, asking if he has comments on Roman Reigns and The Usos reuniting. Edge says he will save his comments for later when he goes to the ring to call Reigns out. He takes shots at Reigns and The Usos, then mentions that this won’t be a happy family reunion, and that’s a spoiler, not a prediction.
– We go back to the ring and out comes Sonya Deville. Cole talks about Bayley being out of action for 9 months with an injury. Deville is here to announce Bayley’s replacement for the Money In the Bank match against SmackDown Women’s Champion Bianca Belair. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Deville is in the ring. She says this is an announcement she never wanted to have to make. She then announces Bayley’s injury and sends us to a video message from Bayley. Bayley says this sucks because everyone wanted to see the longest reigning SmackDown Women’s Champion win her title back. She goes on and says now that she thinks about it, the fans don’t care about her at all. She did this to get better for Money In the Bank, and this is all your fault. Bayley doesn’t give a damn who her replacement is because they won’t be better than her.
Deville then announces that Belair will not defend her title at Money In the Bank. Instead, she will defend next Friday night on SmackDown in Houston. Deville brings out Belair’s opponent and it’s Carmella. Carmella brags and goes on about how beautiful and talented she is. Liv Morgan interrupts and she’s not happy. She goes on about how Carmella didn’t earn this shot. She yells at Deville for favoritism and says she can’t just appoint Carmella to a title match. Carmella interrupts and they have words. Liv threatens to slap Carmella again.
Deville gets loud with Liv and says if she would listen, she’d find out Deville was about to name her as Carmella’s replacement in the Money In the Bank Ladder Match. Deville says Liv deserves it, but if she doesn’t turn and get out of her ring now, she might lose the chance. Liv turns and says she hopes Carmella wins the title next week because when she wins the briefcase, she’s cashing in on Carmella. Liv leaves and out comes Belair. They trade looks on the stage but Liv tells her to have at it.
Belair says she’s not sure if Bayley’s injury is real, but she respects Bayley’s competitive skills, and looks forward to finishing what they have going when Bayley returns. Belair says she’s glad to accept the title match for next week. She tells Carmella she will see her next week. Belair raises the title in the air as her music hits. Carmella talks trash from the ring.
– Paul Heyman approaches Roman Reigns backstage and says they have a problem – Edge. Heyman says Edge plans on pulling Reigns’ punk card tonight and calling him out to the ring. He also questioned Reigns’ manhood, Heyman says. Reigns looks on and he’s not happy.
Money In the Bank Qualifying Match: Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins
We go back to the ring and out comes Seth Rollins for the last Money In the Bank qualifier. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and we get a teaser promo for Toni Storm from NXT. She will be coming soon to SmackDown. Kevin Owens has joined the announcers for commentary. Rollins stands in the ring under the Money In the Bank briefcases now. Out next comes Cesaro.
Back and forth to start the match. Cesaro with a big slam early on. Cesaro fights from the apron and goes to the top, nailing a crossbody for 2. Cesaro stays on Rollins until Rollins goes to the floor out of frustration, throwing a tantrum at the announce table. The referee counts as we go back to commercial with Cesaro looking on from the ring.
Back from the break and Rollins is back in the ring. Cesaro clotheslines him right back out. Cesaro follows but Rollins sends him face-first into the announce table, then the steel ring steps as the referee counts. Rollins brings it back in for a 2 count. Rollins slams Cesaro, kicks him in the back, then drops a big knee for another 2 count.
Cesaro is slow to get up in the corner. Rollins with big knees to the gut against the ropes, then a takedown by the arm for another 2 count. They trade counters. Rollins has a Stomp blocked but he comes right back with a shot to the back of the neck for 2. Rollins keeps control and talks some trash, keeping Cesaro down in the corner and putting boots to him as the referee warns him and backs him off.
Rollins argues with the referee now in the middle of the ring, allowing Cesaro to recover. Cesaro attacks with uppercuts and unloads now. Cesaro goes from corner to corner with running uppercuts. Rollins blocks a shot but Cesaro blocks a neckbreaker. Cesaro levels Rollins with an inverted TKO for a 2 count. Rollins ends up countering in the corner and hitting a big superplex. They go on and Cesaro tries for a vertical suplex but they end up tumbling to the floor together. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Cesaro delivers the Cesaro Swing. Rollins ends up rolling Cesaro for 2. Cesaro drops Rollins into a big uppercut for another close pin attempt. More back and forth now. Rollins avoids the Sharpshooter. Rollins blocks the Neutralizer but Cesaro lands on his feet. Cesaro goes for the corkscrew uppercut but Rollins rocks him in mid-air with a big forearm to the jaw.
Rollins waits in the corner now as Cesaro recovers. Cesaro blocks the Stomp but Rollins blocks a powerbomb, sending Cesaro face-first into an exposed turnbuckle. Cesaro kicks out at 2. Rollins rolls Cesaro for 2 and tries to use the rope for leverage. Rollins drops Cesaro with a shot to the back of neck for a 2 count.
Cesaro is bleeding from the exposed turnbuckle now. Cesaro rolls to the floor as the referee counts. Rollins sends Cesaro into the barrier, then the announce table. Rollins returns to the ring as the referee counts. Cesaro makes it back in at the 7 count. Rollins with another big shot to the back of the neck, knocking Cesaro back to the floor. Rollins goes out and drops Cesaro on the steel ramp with a big DDT. He runs back in and waits.
Cesaro makes it back in at the 9 count for a pop. Rollins with the Stomp but he can’t get it. Cesaro goes for the Sharpshooter but Rollins fights back. They briefly tangle again until Rollins nails the Stomp for the pin to win and qualify.
Winner: Seth Rollins
– After the match, Rollins celebrates as we go to replays. He joins Shinsuke Nakamura, Big E, Kevin Owens, Ricochet, Riddle, Drew McIntyre and John Morrison as confirmed MITB entrants.
– The Usos are backstage when they stop at Edge’s locker room door. Jey stops Jimmy from knocking, telling him to let Edge come out so they can get him. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and The Usos enter Edge’s locker room but he’s not there.
– Kayla Braxton is backstage with Seth Rollins. He celebrates his Money In the Bank spot and says Cesaro is not on his level, as he is the present and the future. Rollins ends up mocking Roman Reigns. Rollins then rants about how he might just cash in at Money In the Bank to win the Universal Title, despite the match with Edge, and says he should be the one to face Reigns now. Rollins turns around and Edge is standing there. Edge says Rollins hasn’t changed since 2014. Edge goes on and says he’s about to do something Rollins would never do – call Reigns out. Edge walks off.
– Cole leads us to a video showing how Otis has dominated as of late. Chad Gable is backstage with Otis now. He doesn’t care if you’re a top star like Edge or Roman Reigns, or The Street Profits, no matter who the opponent is, if you step to Alpha Academy, the result will be the same. Otis looks at the camera and says he and Gable will destroy anyone.
– We go back to the ring and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Edge to a big pop. Edge hits the ring and poses as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Edge is in the ring. He mocks Roman Reigns and The Usos for their reunion earlier. Edge doesn’t care how many minions Reigns has, he’s winning the title at Money In the Bank. He says anyone who gets in their way will look like this… we see how he did Jimmy Uso last week. We see Reigns, The Usos and Paul Heyman watching backstage now. Edge goes on with a harsh warning to Reigns about Money In the Bank. Edge gets hyped up and calls Reigns to the ring, saying he’s pulling his punk card. Edge asks where Reigns is.
We see Reigns, Heyman and The Usos backstage again. Reigns stands up and tells The Usos to stay here so he can handle this on his own. Reigns takes the Universal Title from Heyman and walks off. Heyman follows him. Edge paces around the ring, yelling at Reigns to come out. We see Reigns and Heyman in the Gorilla Position now. Reigns hands the title to Heyman. Heyman wishes Reigns wouldn’t do this but Reigns heads to the ring by himself, no title in hand. We see The Usos backstage watching. They’re worried that this is a trap. They head out of the room, apparently to the ring. Reigns marches down the ramp, staring Edge down.
The Usos’ music hits and out they come. Reigns is surprised when they meet him at the bottom of the ramp. Reigns says he told them to stay back. Reigns says he’s going to handle this with Edge. Jimmy and Jey encourage Reigns, telling him to lay Edge down. Edge waits and calls Reigns into the ring. Reigns takes his jacket off and slowly enters the ring, stopping on the apron as Edge invites him in with open arms.
Edge and Reigns face off in the middle of the ring. Edge strikes first and they start brawling. The Usos hit the apron and are about to come in to help Reigns but the music of SmackDown Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio hits. The Usos watch the ramp and wait for a fight, but Rey and Dominik come from the other side of the ring with steel chairs. They unload on The Usos, destroying them at ringside with the chairs.
Edge gets the upperhand on Reigns in the ring now. Rey and Dominik continue to dominate The Usos at ringside with chairs. Rey gets taken out with a superkick. Edge drops Reigns with a big DDT in the middle of the ring. Uso has also taken Dominik out now. Edge readies for a Spear now but The Usos stop him and double team him. Rey makes the save, then Dominik joins in. Dominik with a double 619 to The Usos. Edge hits a Spear on Jey. Reigns has retreated to the top of the stage now, watching what is happening in the ring. Edge goes to bring a chair into the ring but he breaks the steel rod off it instead. Rey and Dominik hold Jey down on the mat as Edge brings the steel rod in, using it to apply the Crossface on Jey, pulling back to tighten the hold. Jey fades with the steel rod in his mouth. Reigns looks on from the stage as Edge stares at him. Edge finally breaks the hold and stands back up.
We go to replays now. Edge takes the mic and warns Reigns – one week, one week! Edge drops back down with the steel rod, applying the Crossface on Jey once again. Edge then applies the same hold to Jimmy in the middle of the ring. Jimmy taps as Edge tightens the hold with the rod. Reigns watches from the ring. Edge goes back to Jey and applies the hold on him once again as The Mysterios help. Reigns turns his back and heads backstage, stopping once to turn back and look at the ring. The final SmackDown of the ThunderDome era goes off the air with a crazy Edge looking on at Reigns walking out.