Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com live AEW Dynamite viewing party. Tonight’s special show will air live from the Hertz Arena in Estero, Florida. Our live coverage starts at 8pm ET. Please share coverage of tonight’s Viewing Party on social media and chime in with your thoughts in the comments section below.
– We are kicking things off tonight with the Demo God, Chris Jericho, who heads to the ring with usual great reception. He says that last Sunday was one of the best nights of his career, even though he lost. He thinks it is one of the best matches of his career, and arguably the best of his AEW run. He thanks Eddie Kingston, claiming he brought out a side of him he thought was gone.
Jericho says he didn’t live up to his word after the match, and his word is everything. Chris says he was frustrated as the fans chant, ‘shake his hand.’ Chris says Eddie deserves his respect, and he has got it. So he calls out Kingston so he can shake his hand. He makes his way down, and tells people they’re going to get real deep.
Kingston says the Friday night before the biggest match of his career, he didn’t want to show up. He wanted to go out drinking as Jericho got in his head. A fan tries to, ‘what,’ chant him, but he tells them to show some respect as Steve Austin isn’t here. Eddie says four people told him that they didn’t commit suicide because of him, and that’s why he showed up.
After the match, he went to his hotel room and cried, because he wanted to make those people from the fan fest proud. Eddie gets emotional and says he hopes he did that. Kingston tells Jericho the handshake wasn’t for him, the handshake was for Jericho. It sounds like a Chris Jericho problem.
Eddie says he dragged out the man who he looked up to in Japan, that was him showing respect. He says Jericho proved he’s still the man, and still number one. But Kingston questions if that’s enough to fill the hole where he doesn’t want to show respect to young guys. Jericho says everything Eddie just said was right.
Jericho tells Eddie he has his undying respect. He thanks him for giving him respect, and he offers to shake his hand. The two men then do that, and then 2point0 and Daniel Garcia make their way out and start jumping the two guys. However, Santana and Ortiz then hit the ring and clear house. They keep hold of Garcia, but Jericho then cracks Ortiz and Santana with the bat!
Jericho is working alongside 2point0 and Garcia. Jake Hager then comes down and screams at Jericho. He questions what he is doing, but then the big man blasts his Santana and Ortiz as well, sticking with Chris. Jericho smashes Kingston over the head with the baseball bat, and then Hager powerbomb him from the ring apron through a table on the floor.
Jericho then gets on the microphone and he tells us that this is the Jericho Appreciation Society…and that’s entertainment.
– CM Punk is then shown being interviewed after the dog collar match, as footage from the encounter is displayed. He says he’ll be digging dried blood for weeks. But that CM Punk is dead…long live CM Punk.
AEW World Championship Match
Hangman Page (c) vs. Dante Martin
The two men shake hands to start things, and then Hangman Page uses his strength to drop his challenger with a few shoulder tackles. But Dante Martin picks up the pace and rocks the champion with a dropkick and then a few chops. Hangman responds by springboarding and hitting a lariat, sending Martin outside.
He then launches himself over the top rope to take Dante down once more. The champion then unloads some chops of his own inside the ring, and while Martin hits a few himself, Page then explodes with a lariat in the corner, which he follows up with a huge clothesline, dropping Dante to the mat.
Dante then tries to leap over the champion, but he catches him and hits the Death Valley Driver, but Martin kicks out. The young wrestler continues to fight back though, sending Hangman out of the ring, as he follows up with a moonsault from the top turnbuckle to the outside. Martin then looks for a dropkick from the top turnbuckle, but Page catches him in mid-air to turn it into a powerbomb, but the challenger kicks out again.
Martin then sends the champion out of the ring once again. He looks to springboard to the outside, but Page pushes him back into the ring. Immediately, Hangman launches himself in with the Buckshot Lariat to defend the title.
Winner (and still champion): Hangman Page
– After the match, Tony Schiavone hits the ring to interview the champion. However, Page tells Dante to get his ass back in the ring. He tells him that Martin was put in a tough spot last year when his brother was injured. He pushed himself all the way to the World Title, and Page says while he will be going for the tag titles, if he makes it back here, he’d love to do it again.
Adam Cole then appears, telling him to shut his mouth. At Revolution, he proved Page wasn’t untouchable. Cole congratulates Page for a fluke victory, he says anybody can get lucky once, and the next time that won’t happen. Cole challenges Page to a six-man match next week, and he has two specific young men in mind, who know Page very well.
Cole says he will make Hangman’s life living hell, and he will not stop until he gets what he wants, and what he deserves. He won’t stop until he hears, ‘and new AEW World Champion.’
Bryan Danielson & Jon Moxley w/William Regal vs. The Workhorseman
Immediately Jon Moxley takes the fight to JD Drake, attacking him in the corner and launching him across the mat. Bryan Danielson then tags in and unloads a series of strikes, dropping down the bigger man. However, he is able to power Bryan into his corner and Anthony Henry tags in and unloads several kicks of his own.
However, it doesn’t last long until Bryan turns things around with kicks of his own, and Moxley then stomps a mudhole into him in the corner. Bryan comes back in with chops and kicks, locking in the surfboard submission, as Jon tags in and then bites his face before chopping him down.
Jon throws him up in the air, turning Henry inside out, but that only gets a one count. Henry rights back in the corner and comes in with a missile dropkick. Drake tags in and starts throwing slaps to Moxley, but he gets dropped with a lariat. Moxley then brings in Bryan, launching himself out with a tope suicida. Meanwhile, inside the ring, Bryan hits the running knees and then the Label Lock for the win.
Winners: Bryan Danielson & Jon Moxley
– After the match, William Regal tells Tony Schiavone he didn’t think they’d be doing this again, 29 years after they first work together. Regal says he has made his own life hard, both in the ring and in his life. He knows he’s not long for this life due to too many empty bottles, and broken hearts.
Regal then gets emotional, and he thanks Tony for helping him in the past. William then snaps out of it and says he is no longer required from his old job, and he checked out of his old job. But then someone told him Bryan Danielson mentioned him on AEW Dynamite. It got him interested, he went to watch and he found out that he’d be fighting Jon Moxley.
Regal says the reason people know him now, is because of Bryan, as his name was always mentioned alongside of him. Regal says if someone wants to work hard, he will make them a better wrestler. The first thing he will do, is sit them down and tell them not what to do. Regal says Bryan is what he should have been, as he’s a perfect wrestler.
Regal says there was a time when they’d train with a group of wrestlers, but he and Bryan would stay and keep working. Regal sent him places and Bryan became the wrestler he should have been, because he doesn’t have the problems Regal did. William said he had seen enough on Sunday, as what better could this younger generation have than these two men.
Regal says that is why the team is together. He warns anyone who steps in the ring with them, they will not like the outcome. You’ll step up, or get stepped on.
– Backstage Hangman Page apologizes to The Dark Order for pushing them on Sunday. They say it’s fine. They ask who will be his partner next week, but Hangman says he has already agreed to team with Jurrasic Express.
Wheeler Yuta vs. PAC
PAC immediately takes control of Wheeler Yuta’s arm, but he smartly gets out of it and hits a dropkick. PAC decides to dump his opponent out of the ring and he stares down the rest of the guys outside the ring as Penta then turns up. The Englishman then launches Yuta head-first into the barricade before hitting a brainbuster on the outside.
Back inside the squared circle, Yuta launches PAC across the ring and then hits a boot in the corner. He dives from the top turnbuckle, and almost gets the win with a crossbody. PAC responds with a German suplex, but Yuta is then the one kicking out of a pinfall attempt. He follows that up with an Avalance Brainbuster and then locks in the Brutalizer to gain the victory.
– The Cutler Cam is then shown as Adam Cole says he knows Sunday wasn’t the best night for any of them. However, Matt Jackson questions reDRagon as they begin arguing. Cole tells them to stop, and he says next week they’ll change things up. Cole says he has the perfect partners, who are two of his very best friends.
Matt tells him to count them out, but Cole says he wasn’t picking them anyway. He was picking Bobby and Kyle, as they walk away.
– FTR are then interviewed where Dax Harwood says wrestling was his first love. He tries to call out reDRagon. But Tully Blanchard cuts them off, and says he was brought by them to win titles, but they argue about what it’s all about. Cash Wheeler says this is about family, and Blanchard is not that, and they fire him.
– The AHFO are all in the ring, with Matt Hardy saying he wanted to make things right, but Andrade wants to fire him. Andrade asks where Matt’s suit is. Matt says when he puts on the suit, he transforms into an a-----e, and Andrade knows what that is all about, and Jose certainly does.
He wants to make this right. Andrade says he wants to take a vote, but Matt says Private Party will never vote him out. They start doing the vore…but Private Party end up turning against him, giving a thumbs down behind his back. Andrade says you always need to watch your back, and Matt turns around to see they have turned on him.
The entire group then beats the hell out of Matt, with all of the members getting their shots in. Andrade then hits a big running boot. However, Darby Allin and Sting then make their way out. They hit the ring and start brawling with everyone inside the ring as well.
But JEFF HARDY IS HERE! Jeff comes out to a huge reaction and he helps them clean house, with the segment ending with a Swanton Bomb. Matt and Jeff share a big hug together, as the Hardy Boyz are back together!
– Swerve Strickland is then shown backstage as Tony Nese interrupts. He says since they have a history of wrestling on Friday nights, he thinks they should do that again. Strickland agrees, saying he will beat that ass.
– Tony Schiavone is back again, this time welcoming Wardlow to the ring. Wardlow says you always come to a moment whether you want to help someone else accomplish their dreams, or take the chance to fulfill your own. Wardlow says before Max, he did a lot for someone and got nothing in return.
Little did he know he was walking out of one cage into another with Max. He knew Max wasn’t a good person, and he asks for forgiveness for associating with such trash. But he grew up very poor, and he had to watch his mother struggle. Max changed his life, and for that he thanks him. But it does not give you the right to disrespect someone like he did.
Wardlow says he is still under contract with Max, but he no longer gives a damn. He is no longer watching his back, he is not his bodyguard, and he is not a member of The Pinnacle. He is finally free. Wardlow tells Max to be smart, and if he lets him go from his contract, he will leave him alone. Wardlow only cares about becoming TNT Champion, and obtaining a new contract. He will not stop at the TNT Title, so he’s letting everyone know, AEW is Wardlow’s world.
– QT Marshall is shown backstage with Keith Lee. He thinks they have a common enemy with Team Taz. QT says he has stroke in AEW, so he wants to let him know, they have his back. Keith says he happens to have a large back, and he’s good. Marshall says Lee will pay for it.
AEW World Tag Team Championship Match
Jurassic Express w/Christian Cage vs. The Acclaimed
Jungle Boy starts things out, but The Acclaimed work together initially, only for him to take both men out. Luchasaurus comes in and just chops Max Caster down. He then unloads a massive uppercut to him as Jungle Boy returns by leaping over his partner and down onto his opponent.
The Acclaimed regain control and work well with some double teams as Caster then drops Jungle Boy with a shoulder tackle. Anthony Bowens charges in with a splash in the corner and then attacks Luchasuarus to stop a possible tag. He keeps Jungle Boy isolated, but the champions respond with a great forearm strike.
Caster tries to stop a tag but it doesn’t work and Luchasaurus takes out both men, charging back and forth between the turnbuckles, following it with a double clothesline. They then spill to the outside as The Acclaimed try to use the boom box, but the big men avoids it and then Jungle Boy launches himself out of the ring to take them out.
Back inside the ring, Luchasaurus continues the attack, hitting a standing moonsault but Bowens breaks up the pinfall. Jungle Boy then connects with several forearms as he tags in, but Bowens responds with a superkick into the Mic Drop. But Luchasaurus rescues things just in time.
Luchasaurus gets taken down outside the ring though, with Caster diving out with a dropkick. Back in the ring they hit a Combination Bomb, but Jungle Boy somehow kicks out. The challengers try to use the chain, but Christian puts a stop to that. Jungle Boy then runs Bowens into a headbutt from his partner. He gets propped up on the shoulders of the big man and Jungle Boy launches himself off the top rope to turn him inside out in mid-air.
Winners (and still champions): Jurassic Express
– Jade Cargill and Mark Sterling are shown backstage, saying that she wants to know who is next. Jade asks who wants to receive the kiss of death next.
#1 Contender’s Match
Leyla Hirsch vs. Thunder Rosa
The two women start things out technically, but Thunder Rosa picks up the pace with some arm drags and then a dropkick. The challenger is able to turn things around though, with her power proving to be too much. She slams down Thunder to the mat, but she is able to kick out.
Leyla then uses the turnbuckles to her advantage, hanging up Rosa with an arm submission. She then follows up with a big dropkick, adding further pressure to Rosa. She turns things around thought, suckering in Leyla to the second rope, as Rosa follows up with a dropkick to the back, with Leyla bouncing off the ropes.
Thunder charges into the corner with a clothesline, but as she leaps around the turnbuckle, Leyla catches her and hits a German suplex. Rosa kicks out, but Leyla then just lays in some punches. Hirsch takes long heading to the top rope, ut Rosa meets her there and gets the best of the situation.
Rosa then hits a fireman’s carry and a running clothesline, but Leyla kicks out again. She then goes to use the turnbuckle rod again when the referee isn’t looking, but Red Velvet appears and stops her. However, back in the ring, Leyla secures an arm submission, as Rose gets to the ropes. Leyla misses a running knee strike and then hits the Thunder Driver to win.
Winner: Thunder Rosa
– Tony Schiavone is then on the microphone. He says next week, Thunder gets a title shot, and that will be…inside a steel cage match.
– Britt Baker then appears backstage. She says it’s more conspiracy stuff going on. Thunder should be at the back of the line, but Britt is not afraid of it. She’s afraid of what happens if carny riffraff like Rosa gets the title.
TNT Championship Match
Sammy Guevara (c) vs. Scorpio Sky
The two men waster no time going back and forth with an attack here, as Sammy Guevara’s pace takes down Scorpio Sky at the legs. The fight spills to the outside, and Sky gets a few shots in, but the champion then drives him into the barricade repeatedly. The Spanish God then breaks out a table, as Sky gets launches into the stairs.
Sammy then sets up Scorpio on the table outside the ring, and as he launches himself to the outside, Sky moves and the champion lands hard. Tay Conti then comes down to check on him as the doctor looks at him as well. The champion then gets carried to the back with the doctor and Tay, but he argues with them on the apron and he makes his way back in.
Sammy spits at Sky and then they start brawling as Sky then dumps him outside the ring again. Tay then ends up arguing with Paige VanZant at ringside, while back in the ring, Sky hits a backbreaker. He continues focusing on the back, but Guevara continues to kick out. Sammy tries to throw a few punches, and then he almost steals it with a roll-up.
Guevara connects with a back heel kick, and he then connects with the Springboard Cutter, but Sky kicks out! Guevara then hits the GTH, but Sky rolls under the ropes. He goes for the Shooting Star Press, but Sky gets the knees up. Dan Lambert then gets on the apron as Ethan Page tries to interfere, but Conti stops him.
However, Paige Van Zant then appears and attacks her. She launches Conti into the stairs, which distracts Guevara. Sky then hits the TKO to become the new champion!
Winner (and new TNT Champion): Scorpio Sky
After the match, Scorpio Sky attacks Guevara with the belt while Van Zant attacks Conti, dumping her on top of her boyfriend. She then signs her official AEW contract on Conti’s body to close the show.
Have a news tip or correction? Send it to [email protected]
AEW World Title Match Set For Dynamite, Tony Khan Announces Bryan Danielson And Jon Moxley Opponents