Welcome to WrestlingINC.com’s WWE NXT 2.0 Viewing Party! Our live coverage starts at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT.
Please share coverage of tonight’s Viewing Party on social media and chime in with your thoughts in the Comments section below!
Here’s what’s in store for tonight:
- Tony D’Angelo vs. Santos Escobar
- Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams vs. Cameron Grimes & Solo Sikoa
- Creed Brothers vs. Viking Raiders
- NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Continues
– The show begins and we see a video package highlighting the opening round matchups of the NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament as well as what happened on last week’s show.
– We then head to the live show and our commentary team of Vic Joseph and Wade Barrett welcome us to tonight’s show. Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams make their way down to the ring. Carmelo says that Solo Sikoa needs to stop saying he has next because he has last. Carmelo says when it comes to Cameron Grimes, he’ll get what’s coming to him at NXT TakeOver: In Your House.
Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams vs. Cameron Grimes & Solo Sikoa
A brawl ensues right as the bell rings and Sikoa and Williams settle in to officially start this one off. Sikoa with a slam and a kick to the chest then repeats the two moves and makes the tag to Grimes, who unloads kicks to Williams’ chest whilst in the corner then goes for the cover but Williams kicks out. Grimes with an armlock, Williams slides out and wallops the NXT North American Champion with a clothesline before making the tag to Hayes, who runs along the top rope and drills Grimes with a diving clothesline. Grimes evades a lariat and makes the tag to Sikoa, Hayes does the same to Williams and Sikoa launches Williams to the corner before delivering a running senton. Sikoa gets to the apron, Hayes cheap shots him with a kick to the back and Williams trips Sikoa while back in the ring. Williams and Hayes taunt Sikoa and we head to a commercial break.
Back from the break and Hayes has a headlock applied to Sikoa in the ring. Sikoa fights out, elbows Williams off the apron but Hayes and Williams trip Sikoa and Hayes leaps over the top rope and drills Sikoa with an elbow before making the tag to Williams. Sikoa slams Williams and makes the tag to Grimes, all four competitors start brawling, Grimes and Sikoa toss both Hayes and Williams to the outside, Grimes takes them both out with a dive through the ropes then gets Hayes back in the ring and sets him up for his finisher but Sikoa makes the self-tag and plants Williams with a Samoan Drop then goes up top, Grimes hits the Cave In on Williams and Sikoa takes out Hayes with a diving splash for the 1-2-3!
Winners – Cameron Grimes & Solo Sikoa
– After the match, Sikoa takes the NXT North American Championship out of the referee’s hand and hands it to Grimes and tells the champion that he’s next.
– McKenzie Mitchell’s shown backstage with the NXT Tag Team Champions, Pretty Deadly. The champions say they have no idea why everyone’s afraid of the Creed Brothers and their ‘friends’ the Viking Raiders will soften them up, tonight before their title defense against them at NXT TakeOver: In Your House.
– Lash Legend makes her way down to the ring and she’ll face Tatum Paxley in the NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament, after the break.
– Back from the break and we see WWE Performance Center recruit, Thea Hail in a pre-taped vignette. Thea says she’s the youngest WWE signee in recent memory since she’s still in high school. Thea mentions that WWE is allowing her to train while attending college.
Lash Legend vs. Tatum Paxley – NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament
Paxley with a takedown to start. Lash trips Paxley but Paxley kips up and slams Lash before going for the cover but Lash lifts the shoulders after a count of two. Lash rolls to the outside and whips Paxley’s leg into the ring post before getting back into the ring and starts to work over Paxley’s left leg. Lash snaps Paxley’s leg into the ring apron and then goes for the cover but Paxley kicks out. Lash lifts Paxley with her leg wrapped around the back of her neck but Paxley rolls Lash back and goes for the cover but Lash slides out.
Paxley tries to lift Lash but Lash leaps out but eats a pump kick from Paxley who lands a standing corkscrew moonsault out of nowhere and goes for another cover but Lash kicks out once again. Lash pushes her way out of a lift and cracks Paxley with a pump kick to the face, goes for the cover, and gets the three-count!
Winner – Lash Legend (Advances To NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Semifinals)
– We then see Tony D’Angelo, backstage. Tony threatens Santos Escobar and Tony reminisces with Stacks and Two Dimes about some of the ‘beatings’ they’ve given in the past. Tony says he needs to handle Santos on his own, tonight.
– A promo for the 2022 Special Olympics, set for this June in Orlando, Florida, is shown and we head to a commercial break.
– Back from the break and the dates for NXT’s return to live touring are revealed. Friday, June 10 in Tampa, FL — Saturday, June, 11 in Largo, FL — Friday, June 24 in Jacksonville, FL, Saturday, June 25 in Venice FL, Friday, July 8 in Dunnellon, FL — Saturday, July 9 in Orlando, FL — Friday, July 22 in Melbourne, FL and Saturday, July 23 in Cocoa, FL. We immediately head right back to another commercial break.
– We return from another quick break and NXT World Champion Bron Breakker makes his way down to the ring. Before Bron can say much, Joe Gacy, alongside two of his druids appear on the platform above the ring. Gacy says he and Bron have been through a lot but he doesn’t hold a grudge, so he’s going to give the people what they want, a rematch between the two, one-on-one. Bron says it’s game on and Gacy says it’s time that they up the stakes. Gacy says after everything he did to Bron and his father, Bron should beat the hell out of him. Gacy says if Bron gets disqualified, he loses the title and asks Bron how bad he wants it. Bron shouts ‘you’re on!’.
– Indi Hartwell’s shown backstage and says she went from the top to rock bottom at the blind of an eye. Indi says she’s done sympathizing for herself and now it’s just here, flying solo. Indi calls out NXT Women’s Champion Mandy Rose and if Mandy’s the measuring stick of the women’s division, she’s going to ‘shove that stick’ right up Mandy’s you know what.
– Erik and Ivar of the Viking Raiders make their way down to the ring and they’ll face the Creed Brothers, after the break.
– Back from the break and we see Wes Lee, backstage with McKenzie Mitchell. Wes says regardless of when Xyon Quinn is medically cleared to compete, he’ll be there waiting for him. Nathan Frazer comes in and says if Wes is hell-bent on having a match, tonight, he’s available. Wes says while he appreciates the offer, he has a ton of pent-up anger and aggression towards Quinn and doesn’t want to take that out on him. Frazer laughs and says he’s looking forward to the challenge.
Creed Brothers (Julius and Brutus Creed) (with Roderick Strong & Damon Kemp) vs. Viking Raiders (Erik & Ivar)
A brawl to start, Julius and Erik officially start this one off. Erik with a slam then a quick tag to Ivar, who clobbers Julius with a lariat and makes the tag right back to Erik, who slams Julius and goes for the cover but Julius kicks out. Erik spears Julius to the corner and Ivar makes the self-tag and plants Julius with a back-body drop and tags Erik right back in. Julius escapes long enough to make the tag to Brutus, who clears the ring and plants Erik with a dead-lift German suplex then catches Ivar from a dive and puts him on the top turnbuckle, and cracks him with a leaping dropkick. Brutus goes up top and takes out both Viking Raiders with a dive to the outside and we head to a commercial break.
Back from the break and Brutus and Ivar are brawling in the ring. Ivar makes the tag to Erik, Brutus dumps Ivar to the outside, Brutus and Julius hit Erik with a double slam and Brutus goes for the cover but Erik lifts the shoulders. Julius is tagged in, Erik sends Brutus to the outside, Viking Raiders plant Julius with a pop-up slam from the top rope, and Erik goes for the cover but Brutus makes the save. All four competitors brawl, Julius slides out of a dive from Ivar, who are now the two legal men, and Julius rolls Ivar up but Ivar kicks out.
Everyone struggles to their feet, both teams face off and the fight breaks out. Erik and Brutus go to the outside, Diamond Mine rush the ring but Julius shoves Roderick Strong away and tells him that they don’t knee him and Julius turns around and gets cracked by a roundhouse kick from Ivar, Erik plants Julius with a package slam and gets the 1-2-3!
Winners – Viking Raiders
– After the match, Diamond Mine bicker in the ring and we head backstage, where we see a promo from Santos Escobar, who tells Legado del Fantasma and Elektra Lopez that they can’t go down to the ring with him because it’s he and Tony D’Angelo, one on one.
– Grayson Waller’s backstage and Tiffany Stratton walks in. Waller says it’s a travesty that Stratton isn’t in the NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament. Stratton agrees and asks Waller if he can take care of Andre Chase, to which Waller says of course and tells Stratton to make sure she’s watching. Waller exits and we head to a commercial break.
– Back from the break and cameras caught up with NXT World Champion Bron Breakker in the parking lot. Duke Hudson interrupts and Bron proposes a match between them, tonight. Hudson says it sounds like a great idea, but it’s an even better idea for next week.
Grayson Waller vs. Andre Chase (with Bodhi Hayward)
Chase attacks right as the bell sounds. Waller sends him back and trips him to the mat and unloads some ground-and-pound. Waller cracks Chase with a back kick and goes for the cover but Chase kicks out. Waller lifts Chase and goes for a slam but Chase slides out, trips Waller, and launches him face-first into the top turnbuckle. Chase plants Waller with a slam then a back-break and a leg sweep. Chase fires up the fans and his ‘students’ in the crowd. Chase sends Waller to the outside but Waller goes crashing into Hayward. Chase sends Waller back into the ring, Chase checks on Hayward and slides back in the ring but Waller meets him with a pop-up cutter and gets the three-count!
Winner – Grayson Waller
– Backstage, we see Mandy Rose, Gigi Dolin, and Jacy Jane of Toxic Attraction, backstage. Jacy mocks Katana Chance and Kayden Carter and Gigi says there’s not enough respect for the name of Toxic Attraction and it starts with Indi Hartwell.
– Roxanne Perez then makes her way down to the ring and she’ll face Kiana James in the NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament, after the break.
– Back from the break, Diamond Mine is backstage arguing. Roderick Strong tells the Creed Brothers that they won’t beat Pretty Deadly without listening to him. Julius and Brutus storm off, Strong tells Damon Kemp to go after them and he does. The aforementioned Pretty Deadly appear and tell Strong it doesn’t matter what he does or says, the Creed Brothers won’t beat them at NXT TakeOver: In Your House. Strong challenges Pretty Deadly to a tag match against him and Kemp, next week. Pretty Deadly accepts and we head back to the ringside area.
Roxanne Perez vs. Kiana James – WWE NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament
James wallops Perez right from the start with an uppercut. James with a slam then a cover but Perez kicks out. James applies an armlock, and Perez rolls it into a cover but James slides out and launches Perez to the corner. Perez counters with an overhead throw, James trips her to the mat and drills her with a number of stomps. James locks in the double leg Boston Crab, Perez rolls it back and ends up in a pin attempt but James kicks out, Perez with another roll-up, James kicks out once again and plants Perez with a back-breaker before going for the cover but Perez kicks out.
Perez with a leg sweep then a cover but James lifts the shoulders after a count of two. James comes back with a sidewalk slam then a cover of her own but Perez kicks out. Perez lures James into the corner and hits the Pop Rox out of nowhere and gets the 1-2-3!
Winner – Roxanne Perez (Advances To NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Semifinals)
– Edris Enofe and Malik Blade are backstage mocking Tony D’Angelo. Stacks and Two Dimes come in and ask them if they want to face the ‘real thing’, next week. Enofe seemingly accepts and Blade tells them they’ll see them, next week. We then see Nathan Frazer making his way through the backstage area and he’ll face Wes Lee, after the break.
– Back from the break and Roxanne Perez is shown backstage with McKenzie Mitchell. Cora Jade rushes in and congratulates Roxanne on her win. Elektra Lopez interrupts and says all she sees is two over-achievers and one [Roxanne] who’s in over her head and will lose to Lash Legend in the NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Semifinals. Elektra says she’ll handle Alba Fyre, next week but tonight belongs to Legado del Fantasma.
Wes Lee vs. Nathan Frazer
A lockup starts this one off. Frazer sends Lee to the corner, Lee leaps over, a fast-pace flip contest quickly comes and goes, Frazer with a roll-up, Lee kicks out, trips Frazer and goes for the cover but Frazer kicks out and they separate to a standing ovation. Lee trips Frazer and sends him to the corner, Frazer slides out and puts Lee on the top turnbuckle then follows him up and hits a super-plex from the top. Frazer goes back up top and dives down but Lee evades and they hit simultaneous cross-body dives and take each other out. Von Wagner rushes the ring and takes out both Frazer and Lee to cause the disqualification.
Winner – Nathan Frazer (via DQ)
– After the match, Wagner continues the attack as Robert Stone comes down and urges him on. Wagner launches Lee over the top rope and into the announce table and stands tall inside the ring alongside Stone.
– We then see Tony D’Angelo backstage with Two Stacks and Dimes and Santos Escobar is shown in a different area with Legado del Fantasma and Elektra Lopez and our main event will go down, after the break.
Tony D’Angelo vs. Santos Escobar
Tony goes on the offensive to start. Tony plants Santos with a slam then a pump kick before landing another slam and goes for the cover but Santos kicks out. Tony clubs Santos with a forearm to the back of the head and sends Santos to the outside and launches him into the barricade. Tony celebrates and we head to a commercial break. Back from the break and Tony has a headlock applied to Santos whilst back in the ring. Santos powers out but Tony trips him to the mat and shoves him against the ropes but Santos fires Tony to the outside and dives through the ropes and wallops Tony with a diving forearm.
Santos tosses Tony back into the ring and sends him to the corner. Santos with snaps Tony’s left arm back with an arm-breaker then applies an armlock to the injured arm but Tony drags himself to the ropes and grabs the bottom rope to force the break. Santos lands a pump kick and then an arm-breaker before going for the cover but Tony kicks out. Both competitors trade shots in the center of the ring, Tony gets momentum back with a clothesline then a side-slam, and a belly-to-belly suplex. Tony plants Santos with another belly-to-belly but Santos rolls out of the ring to recover. Tony grabs Santos by the head and drags him onto the apron. Both men climb to the top turnbuckle and Santos hits a flying hurricanrana out of nowhere and they both go crashing down to the mat!
Tony crawls to the steel steps and looks for his crowbar but he looks up and Legado del Fantasma is on the entrance ramp with it as they apparently removed it before the match began. Two Stacks and Dimes attack Legado out of nowhere and back in the ring, Santos drills Tony with some brass knuckles that he retreived during the distraction, and Santos gets the three-count!
Winner – Santos Escobar
– After the match, Joe Gacy’s shown with his two druids in a dark room. Gacy says Bron Breakker has uncontrollable rage and he knows Bron won’t be able to harness that rage, next week or at NXT TakeOver: In Your House and that’ll allow for him [Gacy] to ‘control the world’. Gacy laughs maniacally and the show goes off-the-air!
Have a news tip or correction? Send it to [email protected]