Welcome to WrestlingINC.com’s WWE NXT 2.0 Viewing Party! Our live coverage starts at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT.
Please share coverage of tonight’s Viewing Party on social media and chime in with your thoughts in the Comments section below!
Here’s what’s in store for tonight:
- Carmelo Hayes (C) vs. Tony D’Angelo — NXT North American Championship
- Solo Sikoa vs. Grayson Waller
- Alba Fyre vs. Lash Legend
– The show begins with a graphic honoring legendary referee, Tim White, who passed away earlier this week.
– We then head to the ringside area where our commentary team of Vic Joseph and Wade Barrett welcome us to tonight’s show and Solo Sikoa makes his way down to the ring for our opening contest of the evening.
Solo Sikoa vs. Grayson Waller
Waller comes down to the ring with a microphone but Sikoa rushes back up the entrance ramp and attacks him before he can say much. Sikoa tosses Waller around the ringside area then back into the ring and this one is officially underway. Sikoa tosses Waller into the corner then plants him with a back-body drop and goes for the cover but Waller kicks out. Waller trips Sikoa to the mat and unloads a number of strikes then tosses Sikoa to the corner. Waller tries to smash Sikoa’s head into the top turnbuckle but Sikoa shoves Waller back and scoops and slams him to the mat before going for another cover but Waller lifts the shoulders. Sikoa sends Waller to the corner and drills him with a pair of shoulders to the midsection then wallops him with a lariat and we head to a commercial break.
Back from the break and Waller has a rear-naked choke applied on Sikoa in the center of the ring. Sikoa knocks Waller back but Waller cracks him with a wheel kick then goes for the cover but Sikoa kicks out. Waller’s visibly frustrated and goes for another pin attempt but Sikoa, again, kicks out. Waller stomps on Sikoa, who knocks Waller back but Waller plants him with a DDT then goes for yet another cover but Sikoa lifts the shoulders after a two-count. Waller goes up top and taunts the crowd but Sikoa comes up from the side and dumps him out of the ring. Sikoa tosses Waller right back into the ring and unloads some right hands and cracks Waller with a clothesline in the corner.
Sikoa lines Waller up and drills him with a senton in the corner. Sikoa lifts Waller and looks for the Samoan Drop, Waller rolls out of the ring then rushes back in and looks for the pop-up cutter but Sikoa catches him in a Samoan Drop. Sikoa goes up top, Waller kips up, Sikoa drills him with a super kick, Waller flips out of the ring, rushes back in and plants Sikoa with a pop-up cutter and gets the 1-2-3!
Winner – Grayson Waller
– We then see Tony D’Angelo, Two Stacks, Dimes, Santos Escobar, Joaquin Wilde and Cruz Del Toro of The D’Angelo Family backstage with McKenzie Mitchell. D’Angelo warns Escobar, Wilde and Del Toro not to get invovled in his NXT North American Championship match against Carmelo Hayes, later tonight.
– Kayden Carter and Katana Chance then make their way down to the ring and they’ll be in tag team action, after the break.
– Back from the break and we see a vignette hyping up the debut of the former Jordan Devlin, JD McDonagh.
Kayden Carter & Katana Chance vs. Yulisa Leon & Valentina Feroz
Carter and Feroz start this one off. Feroz slams Carter to the mat, sends her to the corner then makes the tag to Leon. Carter trips Leon to the mat, tosses her to the corner and makes the tag to Chance. Carter and Chance hit a double team move on Leon and Chance makes the tag back to Carter, who slams Leon, kicks her in the midsection the makes the tag right back to Chance, who scoops and slams Leon then goes for the cover but Leon kicks out. Chance drags Leon to the corner, stomps on her leg then makes the tag to Carter. Leon fights out and makes the tag to Feroz, who clears the ring, drops Carter and goes for the cover but Carter kicks out and tags in Chance. Feroz shoves Chance aside but Chance slams her to the mat, Carter tosses Leon out of the ring, grabs Feroz, Chance goes up top and hits a 450 splash on Feroz for the three-count!
Winner – Kayden Carter & Katana Chance
– Wes Lee is shown backstage and it’s announced that he’ll address the WWE Universe, after the break.
– Back from the break and Wes Lee’s making his way down to the ring. Lee grabs a microphone and says that he’s had everything taken from him in NXT, including his former tag team partner (without mentioning Nash Carter by name) but he’s still here and still fighting for each and every opportunity that he can get. Lee says he’ll never stop trying to prove himself and he’s always going to stand on his own two feet and push forward. Trick Williams interrupts and says Carter left him because he [Lee] was dead weight. Williams says Lee needs to stop blaming everything on other people and needs to start worrying about the real reason he’s failing, himself. Lee lays down a challenge to Williams, who says he’ll face Lee on his own time.
– We then see Tiffany Stratton, backstage who calls out Wendy Choo for a match, next week.
– Roderick Strong and Damon Kemp make their way down to the ring and they’ll be in tag team action, after the break.
Roderick Strong & Damon Kemp vs. Joaquin Wilde & Cruz Del Toro (with Two Stacks & Dimes)
Wilde and Strong start this one off. Strong slams Wilde to the mat and applies an armlock. Wilde slides out, makes the tag to Toro and they wipe Strong out with a double lariat then Toro nails Strong with a springboard cross-body and goes for the cover but Strong kicks out. Strong slams Toro to the mat and makes the tag to Kemp, who applies a waistlock then slams Toro to the mat, then hits another slam and a suplex. Kemp wallops Toro with a spear, Wilde attacks but Kemp plants him with a belly-to-belly suplex and drags Toro to the corner and makes the tag to Strong. Wilde knocks Strong back and makes the tag to Wilde, who goes for a corner clothesline on Strong but Strong plants him with a sidewalk slam then makes the tag to Kemp, who comes in flying and cracks Wilde with a spear.
Kemp scoops and slams Wilde then goes for an elbow drop but Wilde slides out and makes the tag to Toro, while Kemp tags in Strong. Toro nails Strong with a hurricanrana then a corner clothesline then goes up top, walks the ropes and drills Strong with a missile drop kick before going for the cover but Strong kicks out. Toro runs the ropes, Dimes trips Toro with a crowbar, Strong takes advantage and dumps Toro on his head with his patented double knee gutbuster for the 1-2-3!
Winners – Roderick Strong & Damon Kemp
– We then see Giovanni Vinci, backstage with McKenzie Mitchell. Ikeman Jiro interrupts Vinci and seemingly challenges him to a match. Vinci tells Jiro to get the hell out of there and Jiro does just that.
– NXT Women’s Champion, Mandy Rose, alongside the NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions, Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne are making their way through the backstage area and we’ll hear from the champions, after the break.
– Back from the break and we see a vignette hyping up Apollo Crews’ recent return to NXT.
– We then cut to the ringside area where NXT Women’s Champion, Mandy Rose as well as the NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions, Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne are making their way down to the ring. Roxanne Perez and Cora Jade immediately interrupt Toxic Attraction. Perez says she considered challenging for the NXT Women’s Tag Team Titles after winning the NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament and Kayden Carter and Katana Chance interrupt and tell Perez and Jade to wait their turn, because they’re next. Carter and Chance attack Perez and Jade, Toxic Attraction mock them from the ring and we head to a commercial break.
– Back from the break and Indi Hartwell is backstage with McKenzie Mitchell. Kiana James interrupts Hartwell and says that Hartwell has been handed everything. Hartwell says she doesn’t care about James’ opinions and challenges her to a match, next week. James accepts and we head to the ring for our next matchup.
Cameron Grimes vs. Edris Enofe (with Malik Blade)
Enofe with an armlock to start. Grimes spins out and applies an armlock of his own then drags Enofe to the mat with an armdrag and keeps the armlock intact. Enofe rolls out, lands an armdrag then another, Grimes cartwheels out of the armdrag but Enofe rolls him up and Grimes kicks out. Grimes slams Enofe to the mat then runs the ropes but Enofe grabs Grimes with a waistlock and nails Grimes with a drop kick and goes for the cover but Grimes lifts the shoulders. Enofe tosses Grimes into the ropes and rushes towards him but Grimes cracks Enofe with a pump kick then dumps Enofe out of then ring. Grimes tosses Enofe right back in and slams him to the mat before going up top where he lands a diving cross-body then goes for the cover but Enofe kicks out.
Grimes and Enofe trade forearms and elbows, Enofe lands a lying knee and both men are down. Enofe’s the first one up, puts Grimes on the apron, cracks him with a knee then a running knee to the side of the head and Grimes falls to the outside. Enofe launches himself off the ropes and nails Grimes with a dive over the top rope then drags Grimes back in the ring and goes up top and looks for a double stomp but Grimes evades and plants Enofe with a flatliner then the Cave In for the three-count!
Winner – Cameron Grimes
– We then see Thea Hail ‘checking into’ Chase U.
– It’s announced that Von Wagner will face Brooks Jensen, after the break.
Von Wagner vs. Brooks Jensen
Wagner slams Jensen to the mat to start. Jensen knocks Wagner back and chokes him with the middle rope. Wagner drags Jensen to the mat and clocks him with a boot to the face, then a slam and stomps on Jensen’s hand. Wagner puts Jensen on the apron and smashes Jensen’s hand into the metal that holds the rope inside of the turnbuckle. Wagner and Jensen slug it out in the middle of the ring, Wagner plants Jensen with a scoop and a slam then goes for the cover but Jensen lifts the shoulders after a count of two. Wagner applies an armlock, Jensen fights his wat out but Wagner trips him to the mat and sends him to the corner where he continues to work over Jensen’s hand in the metal part of the turnbuckle.
Jensen slams Wagner to get momentum back then cracks him with a pair of forearms then a back elbow that drops the big man to a knee. Jensen goes to the middle rope and drills Wagner with a cross-body then goes for the cover but Wagner kicks out. Jensen goes up top and dives down but Wagner catches him into a arm-first DDT. Wagner scoops Jensen and plants him with a back-body drop for the 1-2-3!
Winner – Von Wagner
– We then see a vignette hyping up the return of Nikkita Lyons, following her rehab from a knee injury.
– Alba Fyre makes her way down to the ring and she’ll face Lash Legend, after the break.
Alba Fyre vs. Lash Legend
Fyre knocks Lash down to start. Lash clocks Fyre with a clothesline but Fyre trips her to the mat, goes up top and nails Lash with a missile dropkick. Fyre lands some chops to the chest but Lash comes right back with a spinning back kick and chokes Fyre with the middle rope. Lash plants Fyre with a sidewalk slam then goes for the cover but Fyre kicks out. Fyre comes back with a tornado DDT then goes for a cover of her own but Lash lifts the shoulders after a two-count. Fyre goes back up top and looks for another dropkick but Lash rolls out and nails Fyre with her baseball bat and gets disqualified.
Winner – Alba Fyre (via DQ)
– We then head to a commercial break ahead of our main event of the evening.
Carmelo Hayes (C) (with Trick Williams) vs. Tony D’Angelo (with Santos Escobar, Joaquin Wilde, Cruz Del Toro, Two Stacks & Dimes) — NXT North American Championship
A lock-up to start. Hayes knocks D’Angelo back and cracks him with a drop kick and goes for another but D’Angelo ducks under and Hayes mocks him with a taunt. Escobar, Wilde, Del Toro, Stacks and Dimes all get on the apron, Williams does all well but all six men get back down and the action continues in the ring. D’Angelo cracks the champion with a pump kick, Hayes knocks D’Angelo to the apron with a super kick, Hayes and D’Angelo brawl at ringside, Williams comes over to The D’Angelo Family to argue and D’Angelo launches Hayes into the steel steps as we head to a commercial break.
Back from the break and Hayes and D’Angelo are trading strikes in the middle of the ring. Hayes backs D’Angelo up to the corner, D’Angelo shoves his way out, Hayes springboards off the middle rope and nails D’Angelo with a diving cross-body then unloads a bevy of strikes to a downed Tony D. D’Angelo wallops Hayes with a back-body drop and goes for the cover but Hayes kicks out. D’Angelo kicks Hayes in the midsection, Hayes knocks him back, goes up top and nails D’Angelo with a diving ax handle. D’Angelo cracks Hayes with a lariat and crawls over to Escobar asking him for the crowbar but Escobar doesn’t give it to him, Hayes attacks D’Angelo from behind gets the 1-2-3!
Winner – Carmelo Hayes (STILL NXT North American Champion)
– After the match, Escboar, Wilde and Del Toro walk away from D’Angelo, Stacks and Dimes as D’Angelo is livid and screams at Legado Del Fantasma from afar as the show goes off the air.
Have a news tip or correction? Send it to [email protected]