Welcome to WrestlingINC.com’s WWE NXT 2.0 Viewing Party! Our live coverage starts at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT.
Please share coverage of tonight’s Viewing Party on social media and chime in with your thoughts in the Comments section below!
Here’s what’s in store for tonight:
- Roxanne Perez vs. Tiffany Stratton — NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Finals
- Alba Fyre vs. Tatum Paxley
- Von Wagner vs. Josh Briggs
– The show opens and we see highlights from this past weekend’s In Your House event, where Bron Breakker and Mandy Rose successfully retained their titles but Carmelo Hayes and the Creed Brothers walked out with new gold wrapped around their waist.
– Now at the ringside area, our commentary team of Vic Joseph and Wade Barrett welcome us to tonight’s show and new NXT North American Champion Carmelo Hayes, alongside Trick Williams makes their way down to the ring. Williams says everything is right in the world, Lori Harvey is finally single, the Golden State Warriors are ‘about’ to win the NBA Finals and Carmelo Hayes is a two-time NXT North American Champion. Hayes reminds Williams that he’s from Boston, who are playing the Warriors in the NBA Finals, but other than that, he makes good points, according to Hayes. The new champion says he’s what everyone aspires to be and none of the ‘chumps’ in the arena can relate. Hayes says he’s at the top of his accomplishment list but everybody else is still reaching for their goals. Solo Sikoa’s music hits and out comes the man who claims to have ‘next’. Sikoa congratulated Hayes on his victory from this past weekend and says he’s all about less talking and more fighting. Sikoa says he’s going to keep it short and sweet and he’s got next. Hayes says Sikoa is messing with the wrong one, Sikoa asks Hayes and Williams if hey see any ounce of fear in his eyes and says that he has Hayes’ number. Grayson Waller’s music hits and Waller tells Sikoa that he’s not famous enough to have Hayes’ number and even if he did, he’d get left on voicemail. Waller says he doesn’t care what Sikoa’s ‘blood type’ is, in reference to his cousins, The Bloodline, Roman Reigns and The Usos. Sikoa attacks Hayes but Hayes, Sikoa and Waller quickly take him out and WWE officials rush down to the ring and break it up.
– We then see a video package hyping up Von Wagner before cutting to a commercial break.
– Back from the break and Josh Briggs makes his way down to the ring being flanked by Brooks Jensen and Fallon Henley and it’s time for our opening contest of the evening.
Von Wagner (with Ms. Caldwell & Mr. Stone) vs. Josh Briggs (with Fallon Henley & Brooks Jensen
A brawl breaks out right as the bell rings. Briggs sends Wagner to the corner and unloads some strikes but Wagner counters and returns the favor on Briggs. Wagner tosses Briggs into the ropes but Briggs bounces himself off and cracks Wagner with a clothesline. Wagner comes out of nowhere and wallops Briggs with a boot to the face and reigns down strikes to a cornered Briggs. Wagner drills Briggs with another boot to the face, Briggs fights back with strikes and tries for a corner splash but Wagner slides out and plants Briggs with a flatliner before going for the cover but Briggs kicks out.
Wagner lays into Briggs with some ground and pound and applies an armlock. Briggs fights out with some shots but Wagner dumps him out of the ring and hits him with a spear into the ring apron. Wagner grabs Jensen’s casted up right hand and smashes it into the apron. Jensen was faking the injury and tosses his cast into the ring, Briggs cracks Wagner with it as Henley distracts the referee, Briggs follows up with a lariat and gets the 1-2-3!
Winner – Josh Briggs
– We then see Solo Sikoa in the trainer’s room and McKenzie Mitchell approached and asks Sikoa how he’s feeling after the attack. Sikoa sometimes you get your ass kicked but one way or another, he’s going to get his and that’s the NXT North American Championship.
– Back at the ringside area, Nathan Frazer makes his way down to the ring and he’ll face Santos Escobar, after the break.
Santos Escobar vs. Nathan Frazer
Tony D’Angelo joins commentary for this matchup. Two Dimes and Stacks also come down and stand by the ring. A lighting pace starts this one off. Frazer dumps Escobar out of the ring but let’s him back in. Escobar drills Frazer with a kick that knocks Frazer out of the ring. Escobar goes flying over the top rope and lays Frazer out on the outside. Escobar and D’Angelo bicker at the commentary table and we head to a commercial break. Back from the break and Escobar applied a double-leg Boston Crab. Frazer struggles to the ropes, Escobar drags Frazer to the middle of the ring but Frazer shoves Escobar aside to force the break them cracks Escobar with a step up enziguri.
Frazer hits Escobar with a springboard inverted DDT then follows up with the Lionsault and goes for the cover but Escobar kicks out. Frazer goes up top and looks for the 450 splash but Escobar rolls out and kicks Frazer out of the ring. Stacks tosses a crowbar into the ring but Escobar throws it back out, Frazer trips Escobar to the mat, goes up top and drills Escobar with a a 450 splash and gets the three-count!
Winner – Nathan Frazer
– After the match, Tony D’Angelo, Two Dimes and Stacks get into the ring to berate Escobar and Cruz Del Toro and Joaquin Wilde come down to check on Escobar.
– We then see NXT Champion Bron Breakker walking around backstage and we’ll hear from the champion, after the break.
– Back from the break and NXT Champion Bron Breakker makes his way down to the ring. Breakker says Joe Gacy did a lot of things to him but it’s all in the past because he [Breakker] still has the NXT Title. Breakker says he did it for NXT and asks who’s going to step up next to the champion. Apollo Crews’ music hits and out comes the former Intercontinental Champion! Apollo says he’s back in NXT for as long as he wants to be and he misses being here. Apollo calls Breakker one of the best acts in the entire company, not just NXT. Crews says he can’t wait to make history with Breakker but until then, he’ll see him around. Apollo and Breakker shake hands and they both exit the ring.
– We then see a video package hyping up tonight’s NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Finals between Roxanne Perez and Tiffany Stratton and that match will go down, after the commercial break.
Roxanne Perez vs. Tiffany Stratton — NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Finals
A lock up starts off the finals. Perez plants Stratton with a hurricanrana then sends her to the corner and hits a chop to the chest. Perez works over Stratton’s arm but Stratton launches Perez out of the ring and we head to a commercial break. Back from the break, Perez takes Stratton down with a backslide into a pin attempt but Stratton kicks out. Stratton scoops and slams Perez and goes for the cover but Perez lifts the shoulders at two. Stratton sends Perez to the corner and wallops her with a triple back-flip elbow in the corner then a clothesline before going for the cover but Perez, again, kicks out.
Perez sends Stratton to the corner, Stratton puts her on the top turnbuckle but Perez comes diving down and takes Stratton down with a diving Thesz Press. Perez tosses Stratton out of the ring and dives through the ropes and lays Stratton out then tosses her back into the ring and slams her to the mat before going for the cover but Stratton kicks out. Perez with a flateliner then goes for the cover but Stratton rolls Perez back for a pin attempt but Perez kicks her aside.
Stratton lifts and plants Perez with a power bomb then goes for the cover but Perez kicks out. Stratton goes to the middle rope and looks for a moonsault, Perez tries to trip her down, Stratton shoves her aside and launches herself off the top rope but Perez moves and plants her with Stratton with Pop Rox for the 1-2-3!
Winner – Roxanne Perez (NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Winner)
– After the match, Cora Jade comes down to congratulate Perez and hands her the contract that Perez can cash in at anytime for a chance at the NXT Women’s or Tag Team Championship. Toxic Attraction’s music hits and the NXT Women’s Champion, Mandy Rose alongside the NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions, Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jane make their way down to the ring. Mandy sarcastically congratulates Roxanne on winning the tournament and says if Roxanne wants to cash in on her, she’s making a big mistake and if she doesn’t believe her, she can ask Cora Jade, because she lost to her [Mandy], not once, but twice. Perez attacks Rose, Jade joins in, Indi Hartwell comes down to even the odds and the champions retreat.
– We then cut backstage and Bodhi Hayward is being checked on by WWE officials. Andre Chase and Thea Hail come rushing in and ask Bodhi who attacked him and he says it was Pretty Deadly before we head to a commercial break.
Pretty Deadly (Elton Prince & Kit Wilson) vs. Andre Chase — 2-on-1 Handicap Match
Chase will be subject to a handicap match after Bodhi Hayward was attacked before the commercial break. Chase goes right for Prince as the bell rings. Chase clubs Prince with a bevy of strikes then plants Prince with a back-body drop. Pretty Deadly double team Chase in the corner and Bodhi Hayward makes his way down to the ring and Thea Hail chases after him to stop. Chase continues his attack on Prince but the numbers game catches up to him as Pretty Deadly hit their finisher on Chase for the three-count!
Winners – Pretty Deadly
– We then see a promo from Tony D’Angelo who says Carmelo Hayes better learn how to stay in the correct lane or his reign as NXT North American Champion will end just as quick as it started. Hayes comes in and says that he’s ‘Gaba good’ on any offers from D’Angelo and D’Angelo sarcastically wishes Hayes luck in his match.
Alba Fyre vs. Tatum Paxley
A lock up to start. Paxley with a scoop and slam then goes for a quick cover but Fyre kicks out. Fyre comes back with a flying knee then a brain-buster before going for the cover but Paxley kicks out. Fyre kicks Paxley in the mid section and plants her with the Gory Bomb for the 1-2-3!
Winner – Alba Fyre
– After the match, Lash Legend comes out of nowhere and drills Fyre with a boot to the face and stands over Fyre as we head to a commercial break.
– We then see the new NXT Tag Team Champions, Brutus and Julius Creed backstage with Roderick Strong, Damon Kemp and Ivy Nile of Diamond Mine. Edris Enofe and Malim Blade interrupt the celebrations and challenges the Creed Brothers to their first title defense. Brutus and Julius accept the challenge and the two teams shake hands as Strong berates the Creed Brothers for their sportsmanlike conduct and tells Brutus and Julius that they’re lucky they’re the champions.
– We then see another vignette for Giovanni Vinci, who’s revealed as the former Fabian Aichner. Vinci will make his re-debut, next week!
– It’s then announced that our main event of the evening will go down, after the break.
– Back from the break and before our main event, it’s officially announced that next week, the Creed Brothers will defend the NXT Tag Team Titles against Edris Enofe and Malik Blade and Roxanne Perez will team up with Cora Jade and Indi Hartwell against Toxic Attraction.
Carmelo Hayes & Grayson Waller (with Trick Williams) vs. Apollo Crews & Solo Sikoa
Solo Sikoa makes his entrance and he reveals the returning Apollo Crews as his tag partner! Crews and Sikoa go on the attack early as a brawl breaks out between all four competitors before the bell rings. Sikoa and Waller officially start this one off. Waller cracks Sikoa with a headbutt but he ends up hurting himself and Sikoa makes the tag to Crews, who wallops Waller with a Lionsault then a suplex. Crews continues the attack with an arm drag then applies an armlock but Waller plants Crews with a suplex and makes the tag to Hayes.
The NXT North American Champion nails Crews with a brain-buster and a snap mare followed by a kick to the face. Hayes applies a headlock but Crews fires back with some strikes then an enziguri. Crews makes the tag to Sikoa, they double team Waller, who was also just tagged in and Sikoa cracks Waller with an elbow then a super kick and a hip toss. Sikoa sends both Waller and Hayes to the outside and Crews comes in and nails them both on the outside with a dive through the ropes.
A brawl breaks out between all four men, Waller and Crews end up as the legal participants back in the ring, Waller goes for the pop-up cutter but Crews slides out and plants him with a sit out powerbomb into a pin for the 1-2-3!
Winners – Apollo Crews & Solo Sikoa
– After the match, Crews and Sikoa stand tall as the show goes off the air.
Have a news tip or correction? Send it to [email protected]