WWE taped three weeks of NXT television episodes tonight at Full Sail University, which will take them midway through November. The next set of tapings is scheduled for November 19th, with three more episodes being filmed leading into the next major WWE Network live special, NXT Takeover: London on Wednesday, December 16th.
Below is a non-spoiler preview of the major angles and matches set to take place on WWE NXT this November, as well as the likely/rumored matches for Takeover: London. You can also check out our complete spoiler-filled results from tonight's TV taping at this link.
* The main event for Takeover: London looks to be a NXT Championship match between the defending Finn Balor and Samoa Joe. Despite both of these two being veterans of the industry at this point, they have never faced off in singles competition (outside of one or two NXT house shows this summer), as Joe was more or less exclusive to TNA while Balor was working his way up the ladder in Japan. They filmed a major angle between Finn and Joe at tonight's taping to set this up (this link contains spoilers).
* Apollo Crews will have his next major challenge in the form of Baron Corbin.
* Right now it's looking like the tag team title match at Takeover: London will be between The Vaudevillians and the Mechanics, Dash and Dawson. They filmed a major angle at tonight's taping to set this up as well (this link contains spoilers). There was a lot of movement with a few other teams in NXT as well, so they could be setting up some kind of multi-team title match; we'll keep you updated.
* As we reported earlier tonight, Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks are now full-time on the WWE main roster, as none of the ladies worked tonight's taping. That obviously leaves a major void in the NXT women's division, so to restock the roster they will be heavily focusing on newcomers Nia Jax, Adrienne (formerly Athena), and the ever-impressive Asuka. Eva Marie remains a major work-in-progress for the company, despite rumors that they were looking for non-wrestling roles for the Total Divas star, and she may even end up in the title picture sooner than expected. Cameron also worked tonight's taping, Alexa Bliss was given some pretty solid booking as well, and Emma is apparently still a thing.
* With regard to a Women's Championship match at Takeover: London, it remains too early to tell who will end up challenging Bayley for the title. Given the direction at this taping, the current front-runners are Eva Marie and Asuka, with a possible outside chance of Alexa Bliss. Again, we'll keep you updated when things become more clear.
* There will be three title matches in November (one each week), with Finn Balor defending against Apollo Crews, Bayley defending against Alexa Bliss, and The Vaudevillians defending against The Mechanics. Other matches to look forward to includes Asuka in action, Gable/Jordan vs. The Ascension, and a big mixed-tag match between Bayley/Ryder/Mojo vs. Bliss/Blake/Murphy.
* James Storm did not work this week's tapings. That means the soonest we'll see him back in NXT is November 25th.