It’s been quite the week for WWE, both inside and outside the ring. The company has seen creative changes partially thanks to Cody Rhodes’ torn pectoral muscle and the return of Brock Lesnar, but the real focus of attention has been the numerous investigations into WWE and its former Chairman and CEO, Vince McMahon. McMahon allegedly provided $3 million in hush money to a former employee following their alleged affair.
For those that have not been able to keep up with the fluid situation regarding McMahon and WWE, here is a quick timeline of events.
- June 15 – The Wall Street Journal reports that Vince McMahon is being investigated by the WWE board after the $3 million “hush pact”
- June 17 – McMahon steps down as Chairman and CEO of WWE
- June 17 – Stephanie McMahon named interim Chairwoman and CEO of WWE
- June 17 – Vince McMahon kicks off “WWE SmackDown,” doesn’t comment on allegations
- June 20 – “SmackDown” produces its best viewership rating since September 2021
- June 20 – McMahon and Oliver Luck reach settlement over XFL dispute
- June 20 – McMahon appears on “Monday Night Raw” but doesn’t comment on allegations
- June 21 – John Laurinaitis replaced by Bruce Prichard as WWE Head of Talent Relations
Following these events, WWE’s stocks have been as much of a roller coaster as the news cycle has been. While seeing a bit of surge after McMahon was announced for last Friday’s episode of “SmackDown”, the company is now seeing some of its lowest numbers of the year.
- June 15 (3:00 p.m. ET) – $68.35 (before allegations)
- June 15 (4:00 p.m. ET) – $67.52 (after allegations)
- June 16 (9:00 a.m. ET) – $65.83 (morning after allegations)
- June 16 (4:00 p.m. ET) $64.86 (after XFL settlement)
- June 17 (11:00 a.m. ET) $62.23 (after McMahon steps down)
- June 17 (4:00 p.m. ET) $62.51 (after McMahon announced for SmackDown appearance)
- June 21 (9:00 a.m. ET) $62.09 (after McMahon RAW appearance)
- June 21 (1:00 p.m. ET) $62.58 (after Laurinaitis replaced)
- June 21 (4:00 p.m. ET) $61.01 (closing number, lowest since May 9)
Wrestling Inc. will continue to provide any updates on WWE’s stocks as well as any news about McMahon and Laurinaitis’ status with the company as they become available.
Have a news tip or correction? Send it to [email protected]