Welcome to Wrestling Inc's live coverage of WWE 205 Live, exclusively on the WWE Network! Join us immediately following SmackDown at 10pm ET. Be sure to leave your feedback in the comments section, share our coverage of tonight's episode through social media, and REFRESH for the most up to date coverage.
- Vic Joseph, Nigel McGuinnes, and Percy Watson welcome us to tonight's show as we get to our first match.
Akira Tozawa vs. Lio Rush
Tozawa not wasting any time and getting right after Rush. Rush tries to bail out of the ring, but Tozawa doesn't let him, Rush dodges him at first, but gets caught with a hurricanrana. Rush wants to take his jewelry off, tosses it to Tozawa as a distraction, Tozawa tosses it back up in the air to force Rush to catch it, and then kicks Rush in the head. Rush tries to leave the ring, but gets caught and sent back into the ring. Missile dropkick by Tozawa.
Rush recovers and sends Tozawa into the ring post. Crowd gets an "Ah!" chant going. Rush gets caught with a penalty kick and then tries for a senton splash, but Rush gets his knees up and attempts to keep Tozawa grounded. Multiple counters until Rush gets sent out of the ring, huge suicide dive by Tozawa and he sends his opponent back into the ring. Tozawa with an octopus stretch in the middle of the ring, Rush drops him down for a pin, cover. Spinning kick by Rush, cover, two. Rush with some frustration as he heads up to the top rope. Tozawa runs up and slaps him in the face, heads up to the top rope for a superplex, but Rush hangs on with his legs. Tozawa gets sent down, hitting his head on the top turnbuckle. Rush hits a split-legged frog splash for the victory.
Winner: Lio Rush via Pinfall
- Vignette of Drew Gulak talking about his upcoming title match against Cedric Alexander at SummerSlam. Gulak says Alexander hasn't faced anyone like him, says the champ is complacent these days and he will become the champ come Sunday.
- Locker room, Jack Gallagher is getting ready for his upcoming match against Alexander with Gulak/Kendrick.
- Last week, Hideo Itami defeated Mustafa Ali, Ali ended up collapsing after the match. Maverick tried to get him to take a break last week and thought he might be overdoing it.
- Backstage, Kayla Braxton talks with Drake Maverick about Ali. Maverick says he suffered from severe exhaustion, so to make sure he gets back to 100%, Ali won't be in the ring until Maverick thinks he's ready to go.
- Backstage, Hideo Itami cuts a promo in Japanese and then says "I ended Mustafa Ali. I stopped the heart of 205 Live."
Hideo Itami vs. Trent Newman
Newman tries for some offense and immediately gets blasted. Itami with some punches in the corner, Newman hits an elbow and a kick, tries for a roll-up, which Itami just walks out off and slaps his opponent in the face. Itami with a big lariat, hits a combination of strikes, goes for the pin and then lifts his opponent up. Itami hits a falcon arrow, pin, pulls him up again! Crowd sorta boos, doesn't really care. Itami with some kicks to the chest, running low dropkick, hits another, and the referee decides to call the match.
Winner: Hideo Itami via Referee Stoppage
- Post-match, Itami comes back in and drops the guy one more time. "Respect me!"
- Vignette for Cedric Alexander who says he's been training for this title match harder than he ever has before. We see some clips from the past couple weeks of Alexander having to deal with Gulak, Kendrick, and Gallagher. The champ says he's a man of action, Gulak just likes to talk. Alexander notes he hasn't lost this year and nobody can touch him.
- Backstage, Maverick speaks with Tony Nese and Buddy Murphy. He congratulates them on their recent victories, although the win was a bit cheap in their tag match. He then says Nese and Murphy will take on the Lucha House Party in a tornado tag match, next week.
- Next week: Noam Dar vs. TJP
Cedric Alexander vs. Jack Gallagher (Non-Title Match)
Gallagher is out to the ring by himself. Gallagher is playing with Alexander, gets to the ropes and makes the referee back him up. Each trade pins as Kendrick and Gulak watch on from the back. Gallagher gets kicked to the outside and as Alexander looks to fly, Gallagher goes under the ring and comes up from behind Alexander. He stomps away on the champion, but Alexander dumps him to the floor, hits a kick between the ropes and heads outside. Alexander with chops and forearms, but Gallagher jams his opponent into the ring post.
Back in the ring Gallagher continues to work over Alexander in the corner, Alexander tries to fight back, but has little luck. Gallagher with some taunting and boots Alexander in the head over and over, neckbreaker, multiple covers, one-count each time. Neck crank by Gallagher and holds on as Alexander tries to roll out of it. Alexander with two suplex, back elbow, handspring kick, cover, two.
Alexander ends up on the apron, boot to the face, big springboard clothesline, pin, two. Alexander really shaking out his neck/shoulder area from Gallagher's submissions. Back elbow by Gallagher and then drapes Alexander over the second rope, knee drop to the back of the neck from the top turnbuckle. Gallagher locks in the crossface, Alexander rolls back and gets a two-count. Lumbar check gets countered into a guillotine choke by Gallagher, but he gets planted into the mat, referee starts up his ten-count. Both up, Alexander looks to take flight, rolls through, Gallagher with a running dropkick in the corner, goes for the pin, Alexander gets a foot on the rope. Gallagher tries for a powerbomb, doesn't quite get him at first, but is able to get it on the second attempt. Gallagher charges in and Alexander hits a spanish fly, pin, 1-2-3.
Winner: Cedric Alexander via Pinfall
- Post-match, Alexander heads near the entrance and out comes Kendrick, who runs over the champion. He hits an elbow on Kendrick and then fights off Gallagher, sending him to the outside. Kendrick tries for the captain's hook, nope, lumbar check on Kendrick. Gulak runs in and gets the gu-lock on Alexander for a few moments. Alexander is out as Gulak snatches up the title and puts it across the fallen champion.