Welcome to Wrestling Inc's live coverage of WWE 205 Live, exclusively on the WWE Network! Join us immediately following SmackDown at 10pm ET. Be sure to leave your feedback in the comments section, share our coverage of tonight's episode through social media, and REFRESH for the most up to date coverage.
- Rapper, Wale, will join the 205 Live commentary team tonight.
- Vic Joseph, Percy Watson, and Nigel McGuinness welcome us in and introduce Wale as a guest on the announce team.
- Before the match gets started, TJP says not to worry this upcoming match will be over shortly. TJP makes fun of Dar's gimpy knee and notes his own finisher is a kneebar, so it doesn't take a genius to figure out how things will end.
TJP vs. Noam Dar
Wale noting that Dar had to ditch Alicia Fox before he could focus on his in-ring work, makes fun of TJP's name a bit. TJP ends up out on the floor, gets on the mic and makes fun of Wale a bit, dabs, and Dar ends up booting TJP in the head. Wale says "Nobody dabs anymore man..." Dar tosses TJP back in the ring and continues to go to work. TJP is able to recover, tosses his opponent into the corner, and chokes him with his foot.
TJP continues to beat up Dar in the middle of the ring, points over at Wale and kicks Dar's face down to the mat. Power slam on Dar, TJP to the apron, tries for a senton, but Dar lifts up his knees. Dar sweeps out TJP's legs from under him. Dar with a big uppercut, running european uppercut, northern lights release suplex, cover, two. Dar swings, TJP ducks under, roll-up, two-count. TJP able to lock in the knee bar, Dar is trying to fight his way to the ropes and is able to grab the bottom rope. Dar with a hefty kick to send TJP to the mat, hits another big kick to the head, 1-2-3.
Winner: Noam Dar via Pinfall
- Wale heads off after celebrating with Noam Dar.
- Backstage, Kayla Braxton talked with 205 Live GM Drake Maverick about Gulak wanting a rematch. Maverick says opportunities aren't given out, they are earned in the ring, so for now Gulak's request is denied.
- Akira Tozawa comes out for a match with Colin Delaney, but before things get started Drew Gulak, The Brian Kendrick, and Jack Gallagher get in the ring and beat both of them up. Gulak says he's not leaving until he gets answers about his challenge for another shot at the title. Gulak calls out Maverick, but Cedric comes out instead. Alexander calls out Gulak, but won't come to the ring until Kendrick/Gallagher bounce. Alexander starts to walk to the ring, but Maverick and a bunch of referees stop him. Gulak gets on the mic and wonders what the "Age of Alexander" is and says it sucks. He wonders why Alexander has turned into a choir boy and knows why he's so scared. Alexander finally breaks through, but Gulak heads out of the ring and leaves through the crowd with Gallagher and Kendrick, smiling as he exits. "Scared? You're running away!" Alexander yells.
Tony Nese and Buddy Murphy vs. Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado
Murphy and Nese get booted out to the floor, Metalik and Dorado attempted to fly, but both were pulled out to the floor. Back in the ring, Dorado/Metalik on the apron, both send their opponents out to the floor, stereo moonsaults out to the floor. Metalik tosses Nese into the ring, cover, two. Murphy slams Dorado head back on the steel ramp. Metalik with a flip over the top rope, but he's caught by both guys and sent flying into the barricade.
Action back in the ring, Metalik with a flip off the ropes, arm drag, walks along the ropes and hits a missile dropkick. Chop to Murphy's chest, walks up the ropes, tries for a hurricanrana, nope, Murphy plants him to the mat, cover, two-count. Murphy with a punch of haymakers to Metalik's face. Nese with a pumphandle side slam, cover, and Dorado breaks up the count.
Dropkick takes down both Nese and Murphy, chop to Nese, dropkick to Murphy. Dorado ducks a charging Murphy who hits his own partner. Dorado with a snap hurricanrana on Murphy, cover, two. Dorado with a springboard moonsault on both Nese and Murphy. They were suppose to catch him, but Nese fell down, so it looked like Dorado just cleared them out. Dorado with a tornado DDT on Murphy, cover, two. Dorado heads up top, but gets crotched on the top turnbuckle. Both Nese and Murphy go up, Metalik smacks Nese off to the floor. Murphy plants Metalik, Nese with a second rope moonsault, Dorado comes flying off the top rope down on Nese, Murphy with a powerbomb on Dorado, cover, two-count. Quite the sequence there from everyone involved.
Murphy and Dorado end up on the top rope, Nese climbs up, gets hit and goes into a tree of woe position, snap suplex on Dorado. Metalik walks halfway across the top rope and hits a dropkick on Nese. Double knee drop from Murphy down on Metalik. All four swinging away on each other in the middle of the ring. Murphy mistakenly kicks Nese, Murphy gets sent out to the floor. Metalik and Dorado hit three moonsaults, cover, Murphy breaks it up.
INCREDIBLE pic.twitter.com/eHgkbr8wrz— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) August 22, 2018
Dorado tries to wipe out Nese from the apron and completely misses. Metalik with a crazy hurricanrana from the top rope sending Nese from the apron down on Murphy. Metalik's mask came off after the move, Kalisto and referee goes over to help cover him while he gets it back up. Kalisto checks on Metalik, says he's not doing okay, Murphy rips Kalisto's shirt off and shoves Kalisto back. Murphy back in the ring with Metalik and hammers him, the referee checks on Metalik for a moment, Kalisto trips up Murphy for the slight distraction, float-over powerbomb by Metalik, cover, 1-2-3.
Winners: Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik via Pinfall